Save Settings Not Working

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:27 am
After upgrading to Wordpress 4.0, the Save Settings has not been working. I tried deactiving the plugins and that didn't work.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:51 pm
Hello,

The issue is probably connected with small changes in the jQuery 1.11.1 which causes a syntax errors in some selectors.

We will release an update for WP 4.0 till Tuesday. The temporary fix is following:

1) Please open file js/back-end/template.options.js in the theme directory

2) Please replace the following fragment:

Code: Select all
var tempField = jQuery('*[data-name=' + usedField + ']');

to:
var tempField = jQuery('*[data-name="' + usedField + '"]');

3) Please replace the following fragment:

field = jQuery('*[data-name=' + dependsFrom[j].field + ']');

to:

field = jQuery('*[data-name="' + dependsFrom[j].field + '"]');

4) Please refresh your browser cache to make sure that your browser is loading an updated version of the modified file in the back-end.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 pm
Thanks! It's all good now.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:55 am
....so I thought! Just after it was all working fine, any changes I made on Widgets under Appearance don't work. All I did was just added the Mainbody with Widget Text and that what's happened. I even tried testing it with doing some changes in the Template options, although it would say Settings Saved the Preview doesn't show any changes. The Widgets Display on Homepage is also enabled. What I see on the homepage section is the Main menu and both the Static Page and Footer section are side by side (in 2 columns). The Header section also disappeared where it used to be present.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 am
Please check if the widget rules don't hide your widgets (widget rules are defined in each widget separately - the form is visible after clicking the "Widget rules" button).
Administrator

GK User
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:30 pm
The Widget Rules for the Header and Mainbody (there are only 2 widget areas I've created) is visible for No pages except Homepage on All Devices and All Users. Also, I could not edit the Basic and Advanced settings for the News Show Pro except for the Widget Rules.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:27 pm
Please send me a PM message with FTP and back-end access.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:35 pm
Hi when will the update release?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 pm
dziudek wrote:Hello,

The issue is probably connected with small changes in the jQuery 1.11.1 which causes a syntax errors in some selectors.

We will release an update for WP 4.0 till Tuesday. The temporary fix is following:

1) Please open file js/back-end/template.options.js in the theme directory

2) Please replace the following fragment:

var tempField = jQuery('*[data-name=' + usedField + ']');

to:
var tempField = jQuery('*[data-name="' + usedField + '"]');

3) Please replace the following fragment:

field = jQuery('*[data-name=' + dependsFrom[j].field + ']');

to:

field = jQuery('*[data-name="' + dependsFrom[j].field + '"]');

4) Please refresh your browser cache to make sure that your browser is loading an updated version of the modified file in the back-end.

Hi,

I tried this, refreshed my browser cache, emptied the cache on the server managed by W3tc, but no luck. The settings page will not save and its quite frustrating, as my website which is live, is showing the wrong info on the homepage.

Looking forward to your reply.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:08 am
@webcynergy - the update is available since 2 days. Regarding the problem - please make sure that you have applied all changes properly, because I've sent this fix to around 30 users and you are the first person who told me that it doesn't work.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm
dziudek wrote:@webcynergy - the update is available since 2 days. Regarding the problem - please make sure that you have applied all changes properly, because I've sent this fix to around 30 users and you are the first person who told me that it doesn't work.

I was having the same problem. I downloaded the updated theme, but the widget rules were still not appearing and it would not save. I re-installed Wordpress 4.0 and it started working.
Fresh Boarder