News Show Pro broken

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:22 am
Hi, I don't understand what happened. I suddenly recieved "500 internal server errors" after editing categories and menus. I did a lot of debugging, I completely deleted everything related to caching (WP Super Cache), no success.

After quite some time I realized the problem is related to GK News Show Pro. When I make the Portfolio Widget from the Frontpage inactive, the site loads again.
I can insert a fresh NSP, add titles and categories, but as soon as I select the portfolio wrapper it is defect.

I tried:
- exchanging the complete News Show Pro Plugin Folder to the original ne from the quickstart installation.
- downgrading from php5.5 to php5.3
Both to no success.

I get the exact same error messages in the debug file like it is reported here:
https://github.com/GavickPro/GK-News-Show-Pro/issues/19

Please help.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:55 am
Can I give you backend access? I spent hours on this and it is way over my head. I already tried deleting all database entries related to widget_nsp, no positive effect.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:58 am
It really is connected to the portfolio article wrapper. In default it works.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:40 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to WP and FTP. I'll try to find what is causing the problem. Please leave site broken. I will need it for tests.

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:21 am
Hi teitbite, did you get my PM?

Bests and thanks,
- Mathis
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 pm
Hi

I did not, but I have a mail from You. Anyway an access to wp admin is not working, please send me a correct one. Use mail this time, must be some PM issue.

FEHLER:: Das Passwort, welches du für den Benutzernamen audionomio eingegeben hast, ist falsch. Hast du dein Passwort vergessen?

teitbite
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm
Hi

Just got a PM ;/ looks like there is a limit to messages I can store in PM box. Sorry for that I didn't know.

GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 pm
Strange, it works for me. I just created a new user account for you, you should have mail with a personal login. Maybe that works better.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:08 pm
well, seems like you're working on it already, so it seemed to have worked, at last.

If not, it started to work again on its own...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:33 pm
Well, I don't know what happened, but it works again. I reconfigured my widget and will put it out of maintenance mode again.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 pm
Hi

It wasn't me. I just got to Your mail and was going to check new access while I saw Your message here. The only thing which comes in mind about such behaviour is that something went wrong while creating a thumbnail. Could be that there is no more space left on server to make this resized image or image is too big or broken. Have You added any new posts recently ? So maybe the one broken got passed the amount of articles to display by widget.