Scroll to top Javascript error

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:08 pm
I've been modifying the widgets on the front page, changing the anchor names, etc - things working ok. But now I'm seeing a javascript error when the page loads, and when the last link (Contact) is clicked:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined

Site URL below:
http://siteground266.com/~mothero6/demo/

Jeff
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:34 pm
jeffporper wrote:I've been modifying the widgets on the front page, changing the anchor names, etc - things working ok. But now I'm seeing a javascript error when the page loads, and when the last link (Contact) is clicked:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined

Site URL below:
http://siteground266.com/~mothero6/demo/

Jeff

What's worse is I've now noticed that the News Show Pro image popup isn't working as well. No error to report, it just isn't using the modal window when you click on an image in the grid. This was working before I changed the names of the anchor links.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:50 pm
Hi,

You have probably different menu item URL: #contactus and different or not set block id, please check John -> Template Options -> Navigation tab.

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:57 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

You have probably different menu item URL: #contactus and different or not set block id, please check John -> Template Options -> Navigation tab.

Nope, just checked and both are the same. Plus the image popup modals aren't working now. Something is still wrong.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:08 pm
Could you send me a PM with backend access? then I'll be able to check it.

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:16 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Could you send me a PM with backend access? then I'll be able to check it.

Sent - thanks Piotr!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:21 am
Hi,

Now is ok, you've removed some widgets, e.g. in bottom2 you have donate block and then you have contact in bottom5, so your names of the links should looks like this:

Code: Select all
media, about, donate, empty , empty2  ,contact

dontate - bottom2
empty - bottom3
empty - bottom4
contact - bottom5

if you have this structure:
media, about, donate ,contact - contact id is assigned into bottom3 area - that was the problem.

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:54 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

Now is ok, you've removed some widgets, e.g. in bottom2 you have donate block and then you have contact in bottom5, so your names of the links should looks like this:

Code: Select all
media, about, donate, empty , empty2  ,contact

dontate - bottom2
empty - bottom3
empty - bottom4
contact - bottom5

if you have this structure:
media, about, donate ,contact - contact id is assigned into bottom3 area - that was the problem.

Piotr, you're the best thanks. Didn't realize the code was cycling through the array of widgets - now I know.

Jeff
Fresh Boarder