News Show Pro as photo gallery

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm
Standard install uses "portfolio" layout which shows a thumbnail plus article title, etc of the post in the category. Is there a layout that simply shows a simple image, like a gallery? Can I modify the portfolio layout to just show the image without the title, description etc on the right?

Jeff
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:43 pm
Hi,

You can use News Show Pro with default article wrapper, then you can set on the widget layout tab - amount of columns and rows and on the article layout, leave only "show image" option.

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:48 pm
Thanks again Piotr! Another quickie - I edited the "scrolltotop" value as per another post in this forum about the positioning of the scroll. After I did that, for some reason the image popup / modal is not firing at all. Any chance I might have broken something in the js?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm
I need your website URL (here or via PM) and your code modifications.

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:I need your website URL (here or via PM) and your code modifications.

Seems like this issue might have been caused by a "super cache" at my host (siteground). In any case - I now know how to show images in a gallery grid - can I also show videos mixed in using the same wrapper?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:19 am
If you want to show video, you have to use another article wraper, e.g. video list, unfortunately you can't mix video and images in the same time.

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:If you want to show video, you have to use another article wraper, e.g. video list, unfortunately you can't mix video and images in the same time.

Understood, thanks.

Also - where are the anchor names being set for each widget on the front page? I'd like to add other widgets and change the names so I can link to them.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:02 pm
Please check John -> Template Options -> Navigation tab.

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:27 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Please check John -> Template Options -> Navigation tab.

Thanks very much for all your help! :D

Jeff
Fresh Boarder