Unable to change article images

Creative, responsive and unique Joomla template to create personal portfolio website with amazing animations and clean design.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Report this post
Hello, I wonder if anyone could assist me with the problem I am having regarding changing the article images in the "Hello my name is John" template.

I am trying to change the images of the articles (specifically Island Grown Schools Identity). Under the Images and Links tab I cannot change the images for the Intro Image and the Full Article Image. No matter how many times I refresh and check that the new image is inserted (which it is in both sections) it is still using the blank gray portfolio image.

I have tried using the media manager to insert new images and I have tried going right into the htdocs demo folder where the image is located and replacing it outright, but nothing seems to be taking effect.

What else could I do?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm
Report this post
Hi

Can You please tell me the link to the page with an example of such images ? Have You tried clearing joomla cache ? Do You have server cache enabled ?

GK User
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:29 pm
Report this post
I am currently editing the site off a local host, as it is not ready to upload to the internet yet.

The link is on the front page, in the section "Check out my Works".
The link is in the top row, second to the left. Though that being said the article is called "Island Grown Schools Identity"
The most direct link I can provide without the local host is:
gk_john_s_quickstart_J30/index.php/k2/k2-categories/print-design/item/291-island-grown-schools-identity

I have cleared the cache and even before that there were no problems with other images that were changed in backgrounds. The top image (which had the picture of John) was changed to something new by uploading the image via the Joomla Admin panel for that module.

Could you perhaps tell me how to clear the Joomla cache as well, just so that all my bases are covered. Thank you for your response.

(Additionally I just wanted to say that the article text has not changed either, nor has the title. However when I renamed the front page modules, the names and backgrounds all changed immediately upon a refresh. I hope this information helps.)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:38 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is a K2 image. K2 creates couple of images during upload for different dimentions. You should be able to find it in /media/k2 folder, but this is really odd that updating this image is not recreating it. Try maybe not replacing images, but simply add new ones into the same category. This way You will be sure new image is uploaded.

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:50 am
Report this post
Hi, I've managed to find the folder specified and see what you mean about the various items sizes that are created. I tried manually inserting new images into that folder by copying them into the media/k2/items/cache and have seen that doing this here forcibly changes he image.

The folder doesn't appear in the Media Manager on the development side of the site and there are going to be many articles created that require new and updated visuals. These will be added to on a constant basis and there are too few visuals that could be replaced directly in the htdocs folder. I can upload other images into the media manager and have them be seen no problem. Such as the "Didn't you know?" and "M loyal team" sections.

I downloaded a cache cleaning module. (Though even then, the K2 modules themselves were pre-set not to store cache.) To perhaps assist with this and still no result. I can't seem to find a K2 module that allows me to upload new images for the articles though. Is there something I'm missing? Should there be any configurations in K2 that needs to be changed?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:04 am
Report this post
In the K2 editor, I've found a way to at least change the images inside the actual articles along with the headings, but the Home Page images that are displayed are still the gray background. Where would I need to go to change those now?
I've tried changing the article (which made no changes) via the regular Joomla panel. I have also tried finding a setting for this in the Componants/K2 in the development side of Joomla to no avail. This seems like it is the last step.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:35 pm
Report this post
Just an update, I seem to have been able to get the smaller images working with an Akeeba back-up and reload. It seems to be fine now.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Report this post
Hi

Frontpage images are shown from News Show Pro and Image Show module. Both this modules has it's own cache folders, but You may need to clean them manualy in module's folders.