DOESN'T WORK

Creative, responsive and unique Joomla template to create personal portfolio website with amazing animations and clean design.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 pm
Report this post
I don't know but I have never been able to configure a template from Gavick from A to Z. Always something, always an error.

First of all, the config file can't be loaded... there is no info anywhere where to load it.
In the panel it says
/home/users/dev/public_html/maverick/templates/gk_john_s/admin/elementsconfigDS
What kind of path is that? There is no folder "elementsconfigDS" and after creating it and putting John_config.json inside nothing happens.
After copying the file to blahblah/gk_john_s/config it's visible to load but when clicked "load" - nothing, no file found.

What's more - plugins in the package can't be installed. "No XML file" - but it's there. When loaded to a different folder and installed from folder - there is an error that the folder e.g. /facebook is already used.

Another thing - installed the template, enabled it:
"Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/users/dev/public_html/maverick/templates/gk_john_s/libDSframeworkDSgk.parser.php' (include_path='.:/home/lib:/home/lib/php:/home/lib/pear:/home/lib/php/pear:/home/conf/lib:/usr/share/fpdf:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/users/dev/public_html/maverick/templates/gk_john_s/lib/gk.framework.php on line 16"

Guys, please - work on the documentation because right now it's useless.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:21 pm
Report this post
Hmm I see on the internet that I might have used the wrong version of the template.
Now I see when you go through one menu - you have Joomla 3, when through another - Joomla 2.5... OMFG... GUUUUYS...

EDIT:
No, wait - it's the FREAKING BUTTON which divides into two... OMG... who made this idiotic thing?

UX PEOPLE... UUUUXXXX...
Fresh Boarder