How to show the menus on each and every page

Creative, responsive and unique Joomla template to create personal portfolio website with amazing animations and clean design.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:59 pm
Report this post
Hi guys I would like to know how do I show the same set of menu items on other pages e.g. on the John S template when you go to the home page it shows Hello, Works, Awards, etc. When you go to view the Works page, it doesn't show all the home menus instead it shows Home, Features, Joomla and Typography. What I would like to know is how do I change the "home, features, joomla and typography" to "Home, Works, Awards, etc? Thank you for taking time to read this ;)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 am
Report this post
In template settings -> Menu section you can chose which menu displays on home page and all other pages - just set both to same menu.

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm
Report this post
Thanks Champ :) Have a wonderful day, cheers!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:27 pm
Report this post
Oh and how do I make them operate cos when I click on any of the menu items on the subpages they don't go there. :blink:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm
Report this post
It depends which menu you have chosen. Menu for homepage uses anchors to scroll to a module. Menus on other pages loads different subpages. So I guess it would be easier if you would use menu from subpages instead one from homepage.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:09 pm
Report this post
John addition.jpg
change scroll colour.jpg
add categories.jpg
Hi again Sir. I've got 4 questions with regards to the template: 1. How do I add more categories? 2. How do I change the scroll colour? 3. How do I remove category, author and date on WORKS and place a +view more... button? 4. How do I remove the Joomla logo and replace it with my own?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 pm
Report this post
Hi I've found how to add more categories #1. How do I add more categories?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Report this post
We have an unwritten rule here - if your question doesn't corespond to original topic, you should create new one - that makes your question and our answer searchable for other users too.
Now to make things faster:
1. To modify "scroll down" colour:
Please edit: /templates/gk_john/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
.gkScrollDown {
color: #c9c9c9;
}
.gkScrollDown:after {
color: #c9c9c9;
}

Now modify the colour to your liking (you can chose different colour for icon and for text).

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:03 pm
Report this post
3. Sadly, adding anything to this module without a programming knowledge is impossible and we don't support this kind of modification.
To remove the elements:
Please edit: /templates/gk_john/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
.gkNspPM-Portfolio2 .gkPortfolioCategory, .gkNspPM-Portfolio2 .gkPortfolioAuthor, .gkNspPM-Portfolio2 .gkPortfolioDate {
    display: none;   
}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:04 pm
Report this post
4. " How do I remove the Joomla logo and replace it with my own?"
Could you please provide a screenshot and mark which logo exactly you want to replace?

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 pm
Report this post
My apologies my king for not creating a new topic. The Joomla logo that I would like to change is the one that appears just above the address bar. Please find the attached screenshot. Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:38 pm
Report this post
It is a favicon, and you need to create one and replace:
templates/gk_john_s/images/favicon.ico
wit your own.