Create custom template for NSP?

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:59 pm
Hi,
I need to mode the core files of NSP. How do I make a copy template to work on it and apply it to certain module?

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:36 pm
Hi

I'm afraid an override functionality was not implemented. Try make a new style in /portal_modes so it will not be overriden during module update.

GK User
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 pm
How do I make override to a certain style?
I copy the style to /templates/gk_game/html/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/news_gallery and modify it? I try it but there are no changes.

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:32 pm
Hi

In my last post I said that override will not work. Those are pre-made styles, so it was not intended to be customized. Try creating a new style in NSP module. For example copy /mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/news_gallery to /mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/news_gallery_modified and make a changes to it difectly.

GK User
Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:19 pm
Hi,
the solution you suggested is not working. There are more configuration than just copy/rename of the folder. Inside I changed the name in the configuration.json file but that way it looses all configuration options.
There are more connections between other files.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:34 pm
Hi

All informations about a single style are inside it's folder. Also recently I was asked to add one of the older styles back to NSP and all I had to do was copy the folder into /portal_modes . Maybe programmers has added something else for style recognition lately, but I highly doubt it. Make sure the informations about style in configuration.json are different. Maybe when name is same it's being used just once.