Need help stylizing module

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:18 pm
Hello,

I'm using the NSP GK5 module with the Game News template and am having a bit of difficulty understanding how the module can be stylized.

Under the basic settings tab there's an option for "Module Suffix" which I thought would enable some pre-loaded styles for this module. However, I can't seem to find a list of these styles anywhere. Am I incorrect in my assumption? If there are pre-loaded styles how can I enable them?

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is set up this module so it functions as a rotator with showing an image for a single article with the title for that article overlaid on the image. This would look very similar to the rotator on League News front page. However, this rotator is with imageshow, now NSP. I haven't downloaded and install all the other templates so I'm not sure if another template has a similar layout.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:55 am
Available module suffixes you can find here → http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/gamenews/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=127 and all that you need to do is to add proper suffix in mentioned field in module configuration. Suffixes are working not only with the News Show Pro but with all modules published in template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 am
Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of looking around tonight and the available module suffixes don't seem to do what I'm after. After downloading and exploring a few other templates it looks like most of the rotators I was looking at on those pages are done using imageshow. However, this requires that I manually update the image show each time I update my website which I'm trying to avoid.

Is it possible to configure/stylize the NSP module to function/look similar to what imageshow provides? There are several examples of the look I'm going after, the most recent template that uses it appears to be the "Game" template (very top of homepage). I'm hoping there's some snippets of CSS or something I can steal and modify rather than starting from scratch.

Any suggestions?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm
s it possible to configure/stylize the NSP module to function/look similar to what imageshow provides?

No, this are totally different modules - NSP is a module to display news/content and Image Show is regular Image Rotator. You probably need to look at some 3rd party extensions.
Platinum Boarder