News Show Pro GK5 few more option need help to set

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm
I want to set it like on attached picture

so on settings I choose News Gallery.
I want to show articles from category, and show intro picture.

Is there any option to set bigger image on hover without this color background??
and how to set shoving title of hover article?

How i can change loading animation when i hit arrow can it move smooth without jumping like now
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 am
Hello,

I'm sorry but this kind of changes is a more complex custom work (it needs changes both in the CSS and PHP code of the portal mode view) which is beyond of our technical support.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:07 pm
Ok I understand that,
I prepare my own modes, as copy of news gallery, Is there anyway to save my modification?

I mean, during updating Your module all changes I made in language files, admin/class.portalmodes.js and mod_news_pro_gk5.xml will be overwritten, is there any way to keep it save and still have possibility to update your module?
Or i need to change files each time?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:36 am
The only way in this case is creating a duplicates of the modified files and overriding it after the update (the best way will be using merge tool for it, because some files can be updated and your changes will revert the new features).
Administrator

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 pm
during my modification I also found a bug on class.portalmodes.js on line 112

Code: Select all
} else if($this.configs[portal_mode_value].full_name == 'CENTERED_TITLE_OVERLAY') {
               jQuery('a[href=#attrib-NSP_PORTAL_MODE_PRODUCT_GALLERY]').parent().css('display', 'block');

and it should be

} else if($this.configs[portal_mode_value].full_name == 'CENTERED_TITLE_OVERLAY') {
               jQuery('a[href=#attrib-NSP_PORTAL_MODE_CENTERED_TITLE_OVERLAY]').parent().css('display', 'block');
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 pm
Thank you, I've added this fix to the official repository: https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show- ... 22ba0f389b
Administrator

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm
One more question about portfolio mode

Is there an option to set images show up without scroll?

Now it show me title and blank space (it can show 2 row of images at least), images start show up when I scroll a little down

Maybe You can tell me when is the code for that so i can change it for this site

Where I can change animate_queue to animate?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:25 am
I think that the simpliest solution is adding class "active" to all portfolio elements in the portal mode view.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:07 am
ok can i do it on module settings (where exactly) or i have to add it manually?

edit i send address to my site on prv can you look at it?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:48 pm
Please open file portal_modes/portfolio/controller.php and please change line:

echo '<a href="'.$this->get_link($i).'" title="'.strip_tags($this->parent->content[$i]['title']).'" class="gkImage animate_queue_element active">';

to:

echo '<a href="'.$this->get_link($i).'" title="'.strip_tags($this->parent->content[$i]['title']).'" class="gkImage animate_queue_element active loaded">';
Administrator

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 pm
ok thx
it works
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:27 pm
Ok I prepare some mode for your module with my settings I try to update to 1.4.1 everything working great except one thing

where is stored info for CSS file for portal mode view??
for example "modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/portal_modes/centered_title_overlay/style.css"

Now I have "modules/mod_news_pro_gk5_Q/portal_modes/centered_title_overlay/style.css" as correct one

when i can change that??
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm
I'm sorry but I don't understand what is the problem - could you better explain?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 pm
Ok Ill try

I have my modification of portal mode and to przevent from changes on update i prepare my mod of all module.
I have problem with css file (style.css) in my mod of your module it still use file from oryginal module.
So the question is where i can change it?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:50 pm
It will be a problem, because the module loads always the style.css file from the portal mode. In my opinion the only way is preparing totally separate portal mode with changed name in all files and with custom options in the module XML configuration file.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 pm
So solution prepare second portalmode with my own settings in the same module installation?

I found one more bug in class.portalmodes.js

else if($this.configs[portal_mode_value].full_name == 'PORTFOLIO') {
               jQuery('#Portfolio_II_-_Portal_Mode_Settings').parents().eq(2).css('display', 'block');

and I think that there should be
else if($this.configs[portal_mode_value].full_name == 'PORTFOLIO2') {
               jQuery('#Portfolio_II_-_Portal_Mode_Settings').parents().eq(2).css('display', 'block');
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 pm
So solution prepare second portalmode with my own settings in the same module installation?

I have now other idea - you can override the portal mode JS and CSS code in the template files - then you have to disable the JS/CSS files in the module and put the code inside the template files.

I'll apply this fix in the next update - thank you for the feedback.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:13 pm
Ok Ill check that ;) thx
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am
by override JS and PHP files in template do You mean main template of Joomla??

Is it possible to override other file than tmpl folder??

I'm using Yours Creativity template if it help something
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 am
I mean that you can add your custom CSS code to the template gk.stuff.css file and JS code to the gk.scripts.js file in the template.
Administrator