News Show Pro GK5 - fails with EasyBlog datasource

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Hi
When trying to use NSP GK5 (v1.3.2) with EasyBlog as datasource (either articles or categories or anything), the site/page reports error 0 - page doesnt exist error.
Has anyone found a solution for this ? It is very frustrating as tried to explore lots of options and it doesnt make a difference. Datasource works with All Joomla Articles but this doesnt pick up any EasyBlog entries.
Thx & rgds
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:53 am
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll check.

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 am
Hi there,
I am building it on a local server so its not yet on the internet so i can't send I am sorry. Any ideas on what i could check? I'd love some help we've tired everything.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 am
Hi

Sorry, but I have no idea. Was hoping to spot the problem while watching the site or makeing some tests. Please igonre it for now and get back to me when site will be available online.

GK User
Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:55 pm
Does anyone from Gavick pro go on the forums to look out for reports of bugs?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 am
Hi

Yes we are. And this is the first report of this problem (and only one for now). I have also checked this on my copy and everything was fine. I need to make some tests on Your copy than to find out what the problem may be.

GK User
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 pm
Ok sorry I didn't realise You were from Gavick Pro, thanks so much for replying. I haven't used the forum before so didn't know what the deal was. I have persisted for a week with this so I might try to load it up online at some point to get some help. Thanks again I'll let you know if I can send you a website.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 am
Hi there
I fixed the problem
The file data_sources/com_easyblog/module.php was missing the following code in its SQL generation: -

if($second_sql_where != '') {
$second_sql_where = ' AND ('.$second_sql_where.')';
}

Without this, it generates SQL incorrectly (WHERE 1 = 1 <-- misses AND --> content.id = xxx OR ...

What I don't understand is how this worked on your version or no-one else reported it ?

Thx & rgds
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:06 am
Hi

Thank you for shearing the solution I'll pass this to programmers. I believe my version of a module is not different where i tested it and easy blog is just not that popular, that's why it wasn't seen earlier :)

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 am
Hi,

Does NSP5-ver.1.3.6 still have this error?

I got 1064 error when I use EasyBlog as data source.
Help :pinch:
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 am
Hi

Problem was reported, but if You still have this problem maybe fix was not included yet. Please just do as instructed in this thread.