Modify News Show Pro GK5 Module com_content\view.php

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Hi!

I'm using the News Show Pro GK5 Module with Joomla 3.1.5 and the template "Simplicity". For my current project, I want to use the module to show the references of the topic from the website.
Therefor I created the module as a news gallery, with data source "Joomla! articles", thumbnail image "Intro image" und the article layout.
The selected articles show up on the frontpage. But I want to modyfiy the appearance of the articles (e.g. change the structure (image first, then title or show the title and article-Ttxt just as a tooltip, etc) and can't achiev my goals just by editing css.
I think I found the file to modify in: ..\modules\mod_news_ro_gk5\tmpl\com_content\view.php.
If I change here, for example, the <h4> to <h2>, it works.
But if I change things there, they aren't saved for updates, right?! How has the folder structure to be, to do an template-override of the view.php? I tried it with ..\templates\gk_simplicity\html\mod_news_ro_gk5\tmpl\com_content\view.php but it doesn't work.
Is the view.php the right file for this modifications, at all? And can you please tell me the right structure for the template override?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 am
Hi

The only files You can override are in /tmpl folder of a module. I can see there is an empty file news_gallery.php prepared here, so I believe that You can replace it by creating /html/mod_news_pro_gk5/portal_modes/news_gallery.php

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure. Portal Modes are a designed styles for a module and noone was asking to change it. Any changes done which I'm sure this method will override is a normal style.