News Show Pro GK5 (external link setup)?

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 am
Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to set up News Show Pro GK5 in Module Mode: News Gallery to link to an external url?

I'm using the Store Box template and trying to configure the "Manufacturers" model (as seen in demo using the
"trade" logos) to link directly to sponsor websites. The module currently uses Joomla Category Source article images.

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 pm
No, the only way is to use XML or JSON file as a data source, there you can specify your own URL's.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:30 am
Is there a resource someplace to find out how to format and XML specifically for this tool? A sample file?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 am
Yes, the file is inside module directory, the XML and JSON version. Please check /external data directory.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 am
Okay, just to clarify. The sample .json and .xml files contain the information that is displayed based on the configuration that is loaded by the config.json or config.xml files. So, if I want an external url to be linked to an image the same way that the news gallery setting will link to an internal article and I want it to look the same, I need to create a config file that describes what information will be loaded and then a file with content to load. Is this true?

If so, I'm not sure this will work anyway since when changing the source content to .xml or .json the module states the source is not compatible with the news gallery portal.

There must be an easier way. I'm using storebox for an arts org here in the states and want use sponsor logo images to open up to sponsor (external) websites.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am
If you need module which may load different data from external sources you need to look at extensions.joomla.org - News Show Pro is Joomla! content display module so it means that Joomla! content is all that you have in your installation.
Platinum Boarder