NSP GK5 - Make header link to category

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 pm
I am using module NSP GK5 on my home page and would like to create a link á a "Read mỏe" to the entire category.
either by:
- Make the module title link to category
Or
- Create a "Read more" link that take user to the entire category page.

Please advise.
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 am
Hi

Sorry, but this is not possible with this module. News Show Pro is designed to show short presentation of the article and link to a bigger presentation of it. There is no place to put a custom link here.

GK User
Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:10 am
You can use module title links plugin. You need to enable module titles for this to work.

Plugin is included in many of our templates quick-start packages or source file packages alternatively from our forum or github.

https://www.gavick.com/forums/131/mod-t ... k%20plugin
https://github.com/NormanUK/GKPLG-Module-Title-Links
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:43 am
Hi

What norman advice will work if You will use NSP to show only one article and than a module title for link. If it's ok than fine, but if You would like to use couple of articles linking to different categories than I would recomment to use a Custom HTML module, copy the html of NSP and replace links in it.

teitbite
Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm
Hi

Answering to PM form @MarcinTymkow related with this question:

Adding a link to category below the NSP module which would show products/articles from this category is not possible with this module. Module can only show a category of product/article which currently is displayed. But if You want to show it below, than the simpliest soultion is to add a custom html module into the same module position with a static link to category and make sure it's displayed below thanks to he order list.

teitbite
Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 am
Ah, I understand. I meant to show only 1 link on bottom of module - link to category of articles/products that are currently displayed.

Hi

So a custom html module will the best and cleanest solution :)

teitbite
Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 pm
Ah, well, but mine template don't allow to put a module in way i would like to do.
I found that I can place link on bottom of module in default.php file (tmpl). But i don't know how to get the selected category link into that place.

Hi

No please do not change anything in php files. What is the problem with this module position ? If You will use the same position than it has to add another module under the first one. This is joomla it cannot work differently.