News Show Pro GK5: open K2 links in popup

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:21 pm
Hi!

Do you have any pointers on how to "popup" article links from News Show Pro GK5 instead of redicting directly to an K2 article.

I'm setting up a site based on the Creativity Template and like to keep visitors on the first page, therefor letting them view the article in an popup when clicking the link in News Show Pro.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 pm
Hi

Yes. You need to edit a module template You have choosen and change the links code from a regular:

Code: Select all
<a href="SOME_LINK">LINK_TEXT</a>

to:

<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="SOME_LINK&tmpl=container">LINK_TEXT</a>

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Yes. You need to edit a module template You have choosen and change the links code from a regular:

<a href="SOME_LINK">LINK_TEXT</a>

to:

<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="SOME_LINK&tmpl=container">LINK_TEXT</a>

Hello Where should I apply this code?

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 pm
Hi

Depends what type of sourse and module style are You using. In /modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/ there are files called view.php where You can find function called link() and add the modal option.

GK User
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 pm
Hello,

I tried every <a href... in the /modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/com_k2/view.php without being able to find which one is calling the page...

Do you know on which line of the file the link is situated ???

Thanks very much and best regards
Frank

P.S : Creativity template, default frontpage module used
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site and point to which module You have in mind. Than I'll check which style is it using and tell You which file to change.