News Show Pro GK5: News Blocks mode; can it be animated?

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm
Hi,

I've just started using News Pro GK5 and chose the News Blocks as Module Mode to display my news items.
Contrary to other modes, it seems like when using News Blocks, you can only show that many items as you defined blocks. Eg. if you set to show 1 row, 2 columns, two items are shown.

Normally, I would set such a parameter and then animate the module (either by arrows or pagination) to flip to previous entries. When using News Blocks however, I can't.

It seems I can either show my latest two items, or if I want to show them all, I have to use a multitude of rows and columns.

So, to sum up my question: How can I animate the items when using News Blocks mode?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers,
T
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:56 pm
Hi

News Blocks cannot animate, was not designed this way, but it can be set as You wish by using GK Tabs module and simply show couple of NSP modules. One in each tab. You can hide tabs and use just arrows than.

GK User
Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 pm
Thanks, that looks like a good suggestion.
Problem I'm having while trying to implement that, is that while News Show Pro GK5 on Joomla3 states:
"Position::You may select a module position from the modal display of pre-defined positions where you can filter by type and template, or enter your own module position by typing the name in the field and Save."

I actually cannot enter a module position by typing the name in the field. Since the tabs generated in GK Tabs do not show up in the pull-down, I can't put the NSP modules in the tabs.

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:08 am
Hi

You need to type the name of this custom position in the "Select position filed". But if this is a problem than please edit file templateDetails.xml and add this positions names there so it will be visible on dropdown list:

Code: Select all
<position>tab1</position>
<position>tab2</position>
<position>tab3</position>
<position>tab4</position>