for GK5 on J!3, how to get fade effect

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm trying get the articles to simply fade in and out but all the options slide right to left.

am I missing something?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:18 am
Could you tell me what effect you mean ? Maybe some option is missing, please give me field nema I'll look at this.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm
Thanks bkrztuk,

That's just it, I don't see an option to just have the slides fade in and out, every effect is a different version of sliding from right to left.

Any ideas?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:28 am
I don't get which News Show Pro option you are talking about. Please attach here a screenshot which option is causing problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:46 am
take a look here:

http://78.137.165.231/

You will see that the slider is set correctly, but each slide goes from right to left.

I've attached a screen of the settings but you will see that the effect is turned off, as they just add an effect to the right to left action.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 am
The site is offline and I don't see any attachment. You are writing in News Show Pro area are you sure you are not talking about Image Show module ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am
Woops, site is now public, and file is not uploading, I'll try Chrome.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:03 pm
image uploaded
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am
Which engine you use, the jQuery ? Please try to switch to mootools engine.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:31 pm
Still looking for an answer to this.

All I'm trying to do is stop the slide from going left to right. I want it to fade instead.

any ideas?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 am
I want to check it again but the site is offline. News Show Pro don't have any other animation types, you can just choose animation function.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:38 am
thanks, I've put the site online again:
http://78.137.165.231
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 am
Now I see but News Show Pro don't have any other type of animation than slide from left to right. All that you can do is to use Image Show extension or rewrite the animation engine in News Show Pro.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:45 am
Hi bkrztuk,

yes, it's the left to right that I want to stop.

Do I need to modify your code?

If yes, where?

David
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:18 am
You need to modify HTML structure, CSS files and JavaScript engine, in short words probably easier will be to use different extension because this demands huge customization.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:42 pm
bkrztuk wrote:...probably easier will be to use different extension

Can you recommend on that will do this?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 am
Please write to our moderator @teitbite. @NormanUK is also a person who surely can make this modifications but I'm not sure whether he take custom works like this one. Maybe one of our members ? Someone ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:46 pm
I have the same issue. I can't believe such an otherwise great extension doesn't have the option to fade articles in and out. Setting animation time to 0 accomplishes things "sort of" but its very twitchy and simply not good enough.

Please please please, do add this very simple effect to the next release! Cheers
Fresh Boarder