NSP GK5 - 1064 error with new K2 items

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 12:52 pm
Hello

I understand that NSP GK5 has been producing 1064 errors when the K2 categories selcted do not contain any items. I have a different bug however.

NSP does not appear to recognise any of the new items I create in K2.

I have installed the RockWall quickstart template (j3) and added new items in K2. When I ask the pre-exisiting NSP modules on the frontpage to load up the new articles (by item id) I get a 1064 error. I also get this error when I attempt to load items through new categories I have created.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I think I might revert to j2.5.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm
I am checking this in my server, I'll post back with results.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 2:21 pm
Regarding category this is true however for new K2 items module worked fine in my testing. Can you double check that new items are published.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 3:00 pm
Hi - Yes, all items and categories are published.

I have disabled all GK5 modules from the site so that I am only working with one test module. When I enable this module using either a single new K2 item as the data source or a new K2 category I get the 1064 error.

I have tried alterning SEF URL settings (on and off) but this has had no effect.

When all GK5 modules are diabled the site works fine.

Kind regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 pm
Can you please send me an admin access and ftp details to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk so I can check this in your site.

Please include this topic name and link in your email so I know it is from you.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:08 pm
I have been seeing a similar problem. I created new K2 items, the status is "published", but NSP fails to show them even though their category is selected as a data source. And if it's the only category selected, then I see the 1064 error.

Here's the workaround I found: K2 had set both the Creation date and the Start publishing date to "2013-06-17 17:30:25", even though I created the item in the morning. I'm in California, so maybe it's using GMT. But in order to get NSP to start showing the item I have to use the date picker to set the Start publishing date to today, which then gets registered as "2013-06-17 00:00:00"

It seems to be related to information in this thread:
http://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show- ... 26109.html
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:12 pm
I just went into Global Settings. In the Server tab you can set up your time zone via Location Settings. Mine was previously set to GMT because I had installed it via a quickstart from one of the template packages.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 am
Thanks for the info @geocohn, @richardrock let us know if changing location fixes your problem.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:46 pm
yep -- odd issue --

My fix was to Joomla Global config set my time zone to new york (only because I am in USA on the east coast)
Then set the offset in the module to +5 in order to have my articles get cached or recognized or whatever.

It is working again... sort of.... YEA...

I don't display dates or times in the module, so I guess I could of set it to +12.

Not sure how the server is setup but I believe the last time I checked it was US mountain time.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:48 am
Yes lot of users are not checking their server time zone and time zone setups so getting date and then doing query for k2 items was resulting in correct date but time as 00:00 so any articles published after 00:00 was not getting included in the query itself which was causing 1064 error.

We had already spoken to developers about this issue which should be fixed already if not would be fixed soon.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder