NSP GK5 Custom position problem

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm
I cant find any way to add a custom position to NSP GK5 in joomla 3.0. Enter has no effect here
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:31 pm
Hi

What do You mean by "custom position" ?

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm
I'm having the same problem. When clicking the position dropdown in the module settings, there's no way to input a custom position name, as used in, for example, the GK5 Grid.

To prove I wasn't going mad, it works perfectly if I try and use NSP GK4.

All in Joomla 3.x
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:26 am
Hi

I think I understand now what You have in mind, but I've checked it and it works for me. Anyway You can always add such custom position to templateDetails.xml so it will be visible in the dropdown list.

GK User
Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:23 pm
I see the same issue - Position field doesn't accept input of custom position name
(Joomla 3.1.5 - Isis admin template - Firefox 24.0)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:30 pm
(News Show Pro GK5 ver 1.3.1)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:21 pm
There is no option to add a custom position in the module back end in Firefox, Chrome, IE9 or IE10, tested with 3 different templates.

NSP GK4 is fine

Something is definitely broken, somewhere.

Directly editing templateDetails.xml isn't really the answer. It works, but it still isn't the answer.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm
Same here. No way of putting in custom position without doing 'templateDetails.xml' option. Which is a little labourious.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:50 am
Hi

Problem is reported to programmers please use the 'templateDetails.xml' editing till this will be fixed.

teitbite
Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:48 pm
Hi

I got an answer from programmers:

There is 2 types of select boxes in admin panel. Currently normal select box is visible and chosen js select box is hidden with a css.
To use custom position in select box we need to display select box plugins ( chozen.js ) box, however if I remember correctly this has caused other errors or problems in previous versions where selection from chozen plugin in NSP module was not updating in original select box so i guess developers opted to hide the select box.

See file: modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/admin/style.css
Line: 861 to 863

select.chzn-done + div {
display: none!important;
}

Alternative fix would be perhaps use chozen in details page standard joomla fields and use normal select box in NSP settings.

#details select { display: none!important;}
#options select.chzn-done + div {
}

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:35 pm
That has worked for NSP GK5, and doesn't appear to have caused other issues elsewhere.

Thanks for the fix.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:55 pm
Hi

All thanks to NormanUK who come up with this fix :)

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 pm
For Joomla! 3.2 please use this code

Code: Select all
select.chzn-done + div,
select#jform_position {
}
#jform_position_chzn {
   display: block!important;
}
Platinum Boarder