widget rules duplicating sidebar widgets on the homepage?

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:45 am
Hi there, I have an issue right now with the Widget rules. Basically on my homepage of my site I have a few widgets in the right sidebar, mainly an Advert, tabs, a facebook widget and another Advert.

Then I have a number of categories and basically they have there on sidebar with a different set of the same type of widgets which are specific to that category. I am using the category_descendant here and every category works fine bar one which seems to duplicate on the homepage. However there is no post from this category on the homepage other than ones appearing in the News Show Pro slideshow of course.

So obviously I do not want this duplication and when you scroll down on my homepage you can see it. I will send a private message with my site details so you can take a look for yourself.

Specifically the widgets that are showing on the homepage but should only be showing on the Category and Descendants of that category page are these widgets in the sidebar, this is so you do not get confused:

!Parenting Top MPU
!Parenting Facebook
!Parenting Bottom MPU

I of course only want them to show on the Parenting category which has an ID of 141

I will send over the PM now with access. I cannot have duplicates on the homepage in the sidebar because of advertising requirements so I have to get this resolved. Thanks in advance.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am
Hi,

I need to debug the issue.. could you send me another PM with FTP access? And could you activate some maintenance mode on your website? Because some strange informations (fragments of code) will be displayed.

GK User
Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 pm
Hi Piotr, I cannot take the site offline as its very busy site actually - so maybe we can do this on my test/staging site here: http://www.jamjosandbox.com/mag il set this up the same as the live site and then send on the FTP access to the staging site and we can test from there then.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:10 am
Ok, no problem, so please send me a PM with full access when you finish the configuration.

GK User
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 am
Hi Piotr, I just send you the PM just now. Basically this is a test website so you can test with this one. Thanks for your time.
Expert Boarder