magnifiying glass in search does not have a link

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:19 pm
Hi.

when typing in a search query.......clicking on the magnifiying glass does not work

glass.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 am
Hi,

Because it's not a button - it's only and icon. It's faster to type search query and then hit "enter" instead of clicking the icon.

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 am
ok. maybe it's an option to remove the icon and instead have an "hit enter" text. People are used to click on the icon
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:05 am
Add this code into override.css file to get the default search button:

Code: Select all
#gk-search:after {
   display: none;
}

#gk-search #searchsubmit {
   display: inline-block;
   float: right;
   height: 54px;
   margin:0
}

#gk-search #s {
   width: 70%;
   float: left;
}

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 am
Thank you very much Piotr
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:05 am
Piotr,

congrats with the anniversary!

tiny style issue. see .visual. title left must be aligned with title right. tried with padding myself but won't work. do you have the css code for me.

Socialmediatalk.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Also Piotr.

how can i exclude categories in the Recent post widget? there a post categories i do not want to show

exclude.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Hi,

Thank you!
Regarding your issues, I can see "REcent" title on the right, but can't see this title on the left, did you disable it?
It's not possible to exclude categories form latest posts, but you can use categories as a data source, then select only these categories which you want to display and use order by "date" option.

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:12 pm
i put the title on the left again so you can see it's not aligned correct

regarding the recent post widget....there is no possibility to select categories.....only date and amount of posts to show
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:46 pm
Try this code:

Code: Select all
#gk-sidebar-left {
padding: 24px
}

It gives padding for the whole left sidebar, but i think it looks better now.

Regarding the news show pro, did you change "data source" option? Please check the attachment.

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:56 pm
padding. thanks

regarding recent posts......for the recent post widget i do not use the news show pro widget. i use another widget but i now see its the standard wordpress widget. so leave this one.

thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:28 pm
Just one more thing Piotr.........Why is it that with the news2 wordpress theme my site performs about 85% slower then with all the other themes i used?

it's just incredibly slowslowslow
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 am
Hi,

It's becacue your website size is 4,8 MB - the default News2 theme size:http://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/news2/
is 1.3MB. Maybe you should decrease amount of posts displayed on the homepage (in sidebars and main area), and try to use some cache plugins, please check this similar thread:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/instyle-w ... 37423.html

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:13 am
yes. i use w3 total cache and smush it for compressing visuals....still too slow. also im on a dedicated server with lots of cache installed.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:18 am
but what i meant to say is that i used another theme and the speed was incredible............why with your theme slow?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:47 pm
Loading time of the demo website is around 2,3 sec so it's not slow. Of course if you've used default simple blog themes, website was load faster, but in News2 there's a lot of widgets with news, images and other usefeul informations. Try to compare News2 with another advanced news themes.