Assign specific layouts to different template pages

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:35 pm
I'm lost here! I've been working on this for 3 straight days and I can't figure it out!

Basically I want a different layout for specific templates used within the News2 theme. Can someone please point out in the documentation on how to do this, or even list out the "how to's" in a reply?

Example in the attached files

widget_areas_home.png

widget_areas_post_page.png
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:21 pm
yeah. Same here. you have to be a scientist to figure this out.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:54 am
Hello,

You have to do only one thing - use correct widget rules, first please check this article about the widget rules:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... get-rules/

Generally all positions from the screenshots are available on all pages and using widget rules you can display your widgets only on specific pages.

quick example:
You want to have sidebar left only on homepage, so you have to add widget (e.g. News Show Pro) into your Sidebar Left widget area and set widget rules to display only on homepage - that's all, on other pages this widget is not displayed, so all sidebar left won't be displayed.

All widget rules (and widget configuration) from the demo website are available here (widget settings section):
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... iguration/

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:41 pm
Got it! That worked! Thanks Piotr. Now that it's working, I'm having a hard time getting the GK NSP widget to work properly on the mainbody. I have the widget enabled in theme options, but it's still not showing. Any ideas as to why?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:57 pm
@kduclos, could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM), or if you can send me a backend access - then i'll be able to check it exaclty.

GK User
Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:48 am
Now I understand - mainbody widget area is available only if you are using defeault homepag (your latest posts), you are using static page "home" and for this page this mainobdy area is used to display content of your static page. So you can use mainbody top, mainbody bottom area or change you frontpage to the default latest posts.