How to change the logo

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 pm
How can I change the logo "News2" in the upper left corner. I don't find any settings to switch to a text setting and actually I don't have have a ftp access to my site to alter the logo on the server. Are there other possibilities?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:02 pm
You need to click News 2 (under comments section) -> Template options, select "Theme branding" and change Theme logo type.

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:23 pm
Thanks for the hint, obviously I was too busy with other things!

But: I entered an own text for the logo, (the Theme Logo Text from WP Settings did not work), but there is a problem with size of the logo when scrolling down the site. The Logo Box replaces the first item in the menu and the width is not wide enough to display the text.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am
Image didn't attached correctly, could you post it again?

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:41 am
Here is the image, now as a jpg. What you see ist the logo text when you scrolled down the site.
logo.jpg

Here you see the text logo when the page is scrolled fully up:
logo_normal.jpg

Please note: the menu is missing on the 2nd image. I posted this here:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/news2-wp/ ... 34794.html

By the way: my first upload was a tiff image. The upload was no problem. In Safari you can see the post also with the attached *.tiff image, aswell on the mobile version in the IOS. Maybe you better block the possibility to upload tiff
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:15 pm
I changed the them logo type to "image logo" and everything is displayed correctly:
logo_type_image.jpg

The only problem left is the missing menu:
logo_type_image_no_menu.jpg
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 pm
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:53 pm
Ok, if Piotr is working on the menu problem - please write back if his solution will not help.

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:06 pm
Piotr was working on this problem with the menu:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/news2-wp/ ... 34794.html

He solved this problem, but the error described in this thread is still present: If you choose a text logo in the theme logo settings, the size of the text logo is not changing correctly when you scroll down the page.

May I suggest to change the title of this thread? "How to change the logo" was the initial problem, which was caused by an error of me. But the actual problem is more like:

"Problem with the size of the Text Logo"

May be there are other users with the same problem
Thank you
Tobias
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:58 pm
Hi,

@tgloger, the default text logo is not smaller when you scrolling down the page, in your case there's a lot of text in the logo so you can try to add this code into override.css file:

Code: Select all
#gk-logo-small.textLogo {
font-size: 30px;
width: auto;
}

GK User
Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:56 am
Hi Piotr,
thank you, it workes fine, the problem is solved.

But, seeing this, I prefer to switch back to the image logo style, because the text of the logo is really long when it moves to the first position in the menu line. With the image type logo the size of the first field in the menu is more appropriate

Tobias
Senior Boarder