Problem with main menu

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:45 am
The main menu doesn´t seem to work for me. When I roll page down, the overlay-menu appears, but it disappears after I roll the page back up and doesn´t show in its location. I tried to switch to the classic-menu, but it didn’t work. Despite switching to classic menu, the overlay-menu is still visible and the problem with disappearing menu still exists.

I tried the theme on two different site and the problem appeared with both of them. :|
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 am
I also noticed some other bugs:

1. There seems to be double lines (right and top) on category-pages between content and top area and right sidebar.
2. Sites name doesn’t appear, if you change the sites logo to text.
3. If you use many tags, the tags don’t have right padding – the rows go over each other.
4. The social sharing links behave strange in the pages without images – they go over the text area.

I installed the normal package – not the Quickstart.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:22 am
Hello,

I'm sorry but I can't notice the issue with the overlay main menu - it works properly, when youy scroll down the page and click menu item, menu is visible, then you can select another menu item. Why you want to scroll to the top now? I also check classic menu and don't see any issues.

Regarding your other bugs, thanks for your feedback. I've checked that and find only issue with the tags, We'll fix it as soon as possible.
Could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? bacause on my installation I can't notice other issuess.

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:12 am
Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your answers! It seems, that some of the issues went away, after I uploaded the correct theme settings from your site. The problem with disappearing main menu solved after I placed the Updated shortcode to the Updates widget area. Classic menu still doesn’t seem to work for me, but I am quite ok with the overlay menu. I am using now News 1 theme, but when I switch to News 2, I’ll send to you backend access for checking the Classic-menu -issue.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:12 pm
I got the same issue.
When I call the page for the first time or when I refresh the homepage by clicking on the the home button, I get a correct display of the menu.
new2_menu_1st_call.tiff

Now I'm scrolling down the site, the inital menu is replaced by the menu showing up on top of the page, all correct.
news2_menu_scroll_down.tiff

When I scroll up once again, or pushin the "Back to top" link, the inital menu is not displayed anymore.
news2_menu_scroll_up_menu_missing.tiff

See screenshots

I'm using the settings "classic menu", all levels, animation on. Changing those values does not the change the descriped issue. When I switch to the overlay menu setting, it is not possible anymore to call the child menu items.

Which updated shortcode Tanelid is talking about?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 am
Hi, Could you attach your screenshots again? or send me a PM with backend access? then I'll be able to check it exactly. Regarding updated shortcode, you can check it here: http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/ne ... ge_id=1123
It's Updates widget area, which display latest modifications date.

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:50 am
I attach the 3 pix once more, now as jpg:
When I call the page for the first time or when I refresh the homepage by clicking on the the home button, I get a correct display of the menu.
new2_menu_1st_call.jpg

Now I'm scrolling down the site, the inital menu is replaced by the menu showing up on top of the page, all correct.
news2_menu_scroll_down.jpg

When I scroll up once again, or pushing the "Back to top" link, the inital menu is not displayed anymore.
news2_menu_scroll_up_menu_missing.jpg

See screenshots

I'm using the settings "classic menu", all levels, animation on. Changing those values does not the change the descriped issue. When I switch to the overlay menu setting, it is not possible anymore to call the child menu items.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:40 pm
It's really weird, because I've checked this on Chrome, Firefox and don't see this issue. Are you using quickstart package or did you configure theme manually?
Which OS and browser version exactly are you using? And please check with the same version News2 demo website:
http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/news2/

And if you can, send me a PM with your website URL.

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 pm
I'm using
Firefox 28.0, Chrome 34.0.1847.116, Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14)
MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.2

Same effect in all browsers

I used the theme gk_news2.zip, downloaded 7. April 2014

I just opened the website with an other Macbook, same problem.

The demo site news2 ist working normally, no problems!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:42 pm
I found a possible solution:

I installed the
Code: Select all
[last_modified]
shortcode in the update widget area. Thereafter the behaviour of the menu was normal. Once I deleted the update widget area again the problems with the menu reappeared.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:18 am
Thank you, I've already notice this problem (finally :). I'm preparing fix for this issue.

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 am
Hi,

Could you replace your News2/js/gk.scripts.js with the attachment (do a backup first) and then check again? On my installtion is ok now.

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:50 am
Now it works!
Cheers
Tobias
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:14 pm
Great, so I'll add it into the next theme update. Thanks for your feedback and help.