Assorted Issues (HTML, Padding, Etc.)

March 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:35 pm
Loving the new template, but I'm encountering a few issues.

1) When I bold words, they only show up on the mobile version, not the desktop version. (see http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2014/03/gen ... 4-edition/)
2) The spacing in certain widgets (like mainbody top and mainbody) for ads is way too much, even when I use the proper widget style
3) I'm using the image logo for my logo type and it's appearing way too high (not aligned with the Leaderboard ad) -- http://tvsourcemagazine.com/
4) When using the GK NSP widget in the Sidebar Left area, a box appears at the bottom as if I entered Link Text/URL -- http://tvsourcemagazine.com/
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 am
Hi,

Regarding your questions:
1. You mean e.g. "Also This Week" ? it's bold also on the desktop version.
2. You can change padding by adding this code into News2/css/override.css file:
Code: Select all
#gk-mainbody-top .box,
#gk-mainbody-top {
   padding: 8px;
}

Don't forget to enable override option first (template Options -> Advanced tab)

3. Add this code into override.css file:
.imageLogo > img {
   margin-top:25px;
}

4. I don't understand, if you don't want this box ath the bottom, just uncheck "Show read more button under links" on GK NSP LInk format tab. It's additional button for e.g. "More from this category" you can specify URL and text in GK NSP settings.

GK User
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 pm
Thank you for solving issues #2 & #3.

As for #1, it shows up properly in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Mobile, but not in Chrome.

For #4, I don't have "show read more button under links" checked. Which is why I'm confused as to why it still shows up.

Capture.PNG
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am
Hi,

Please check the attachment - it's from the latest version of Chrome. Try to remove you browser's cache, because Chrome sometimes has problem with that.

Regarding "show read more button under links" could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? then i'll be able to check it exactly.

GK User
Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:37 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

Please check the attachment - it's from the latest version of Chrome. Try to remove you browser's cache, because Chrome sometimes has problem with that.

Regarding "show read more button under links" could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? then i'll be able to check it exactly.

I'll send it now.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:40 am
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

Clearing my cache still doesn't make it appear. Some of my visitors have complained about it too.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 am
Could you provide a screenshot (e.g. the same fragment as in my screenshot)? because I see there <b> elements and words are bold.

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:40 am
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Could you provide a screenshot (e.g. the same fragment as in my screenshot)? because I see there <b> elements and words are bold.

Sure, here you go.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 am
Ok, earlier I've checked on Mac OSX Chrome, this issue is visible only on Windows.

Generally browsers render fonts in different way, so it can't be exactly the same in all browsers, but you can try to remove this fragment from css/template.css file:

html {
-webkit-font-smoothing: subpixel-antialiased;
}