News Pro Gk5 Module not Working with K2 2.6.9

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:41 pm
Report this post
Hello,

After the K2 upgrade, for some reason, the Home 'News Pro Gk5' modules of the News2 template are not retrieving new items anymore.

This modules have been set to order items by Created Date and it stopped for an unknown reason.

This is a major issue because the website is online.

Can anyone help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 pm
Report this post
Hello,

The new items has correct creation date, instead of null?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:46 pm
Report this post
Update: Not sure if this helps or is relevant but from what I can tell from the K2 website there was a bug caused by changes in the Joomla API in the latest Joomla 3.3.x release. "The creation/modified time in K2 items would simply switch to null when editing existing K2 items. Again, this problem was caused only in the latest Joomla 3.3.x releases". Downloading the 2.6.9 file again from their website may help fix the issue - as it will contain any new bug fixes.

To be honest updates are one of the main reasons why I test everything offline first before going online. For example I found that the BETA version of K2 3.0 wiped out my local test site completely! So just a warning for those who try to update on a live site - don't do it before testing it local first!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 am
Report this post
I just edited a k2 item and creation date hasn't been modified. Modified date has been updated correctly. My joomla version is 3.3.6 and my k2 version is 2.6.9.
Expert Boarder