Problem with K2 registration

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:35 pm
Report this post
I set in K2 component, that comments to K2 articles can give only registered users.

When new user registers to Joomla users, this user is not automatically also in K2 users - it must be set manually.
New use can not give comments to K2 articles.
It is not good for News website with many new users.

I try set in K2 component in advance settings Allow user profile K2 to Yes.
Registration form changed to K2 registration, but this registration does not work.
Even if I fill in all mandatory fields, an error message will appear: "Empty solution is not acceptable"

Can you advise me any solution?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:27 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please try update K2 to the latest version and ask K2 support about this problem. I would do exactly as You did. I think it should work.

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 am
Report this post
Finally, I have used for registration Joomla core and for comments jComments component + plugin for K2 JComments.

This is a plugin that lets you use JComments with K2, rather than the standard K2 Comments.

Now I have all comments for Joomla articles nad K2 articles in jComments component and user can use Joomla core registration for jComments registration.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

Glad to hear You've found a solution to this problem. Thank You for shearing it with us.