iOS 8 Menu Problem

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:30 am
Report this post
Hi Folks,

I have only just updated my site http://www.crowdedbrain.co.uk to the latest News 2 template (version 3.14 I believe) and I have been having several problems with the menu.

On iOS8 devices the menu appears fine, so you can select options, but as soon as you scroll down the page and try to select the menu again the menu does not work and all that happens is the page scrolls back to the top if you press on the menu again.

My menu setup is to Classic Menu, Fade animation, menu height/width animation both enabled and column width set to 200px with the animation speed set to 0ms so the menu should appear instantly.

I think it is a Java script conflict, because if you notice the screen shots I added to this post, I did have to disable one of my Top Ads earlier today because it was causing several problems with the menu i.e. pushing out to the right when you clicked on my sites logo a few times (which basically re-loads the page) and also the menu was disappearing when the page was scrolled down and back up again. As I said the only way I solved this was to remove the Ad and replace with a non Java version.

Not sure how to resolve the iOS bug though, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Brett
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:50 am
Report this post
Update: I just checked and in Google Chrome Mobile on the iOS platform the menu displays but the options don't work.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:56 pm
Report this post
I have the same bug. How to fix?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:53 pm
Report this post
Update: I also went on the Live Demo site for News 2 today on my iOS 8 device and the problem happens here to. So if you scroll down the page and press the menu icon it will simply return you to the top of the page.

http://www.gavick.com/demo/joomla25/news2/
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:59 pm
Report this post
Did any of the Devs ever find a solution for the iOS 8 Menu problem?

Basically the problem is the same on the News 2 Demo site. If you view the latter on an iOS 8 smartphone (I'm using an iPhone 5s) and scroll down the page, when you tap the menu icon it simply takes you back to the top of the page and won't display the contents.
Senior Boarder