cannot install to Joomla 3.3.6 rest of file

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:04 pm
Report this post
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33845313 bytes) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/folder/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 431
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:06 pm
Report this post
Godaddy hosting
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:01 am
Report this post
Tell me how I can get my money back from this charade of a site.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm
Report this post
Hi,
Did you understand, that message is from Joomla, not template !
This is not our fault but your sever settings.
Please use search in google or here or on joomla forum.
google.png

p.s.
Probably it's time learn more about CMS which you are using.
Template is not a Joomla, this is only "skin".
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:02 pm
Report this post
Thank you for your kind reply. I beg to differ. I created the problem by not having any documentation to tell me what to install with extension manager. Your templates look so nice that it would be so nice if you made it easy to get an existing joomla site up and running. I wanted to see what my site would look like with your template. News2. it is beautiful. But, I get an 1146 error looking for K2. I got past this issue. I had used the joomla extension mgr to install the quickstart file which took my ssytem from 3.3.6 to 3.3.4. I put it back to 3.6.6. I then installed the template / skin file whatever it is called for news2 the same way and it installed. When I made it default I got the 1146 error when I went tothe site. It could not find the k2_items file. So, part of the big install may have taken. I do not know. I then had not learned my gavick lesson and I installed the rest file, not knowing that it was simply a compressed folder. That's where I got the memory error. It was a documentation problem -- no documentation. So, now I unzipped it and uploaded using the exten manager all of the files. Of course nothing told me what gk4 is or gk5 but since gk5 is more current, I only installed the gk5 modules. Should the gk4 modules be installed such as the image show to make this guy work or at least not throw the 1146 error. Nothing tells em why I want the modules, whether I need them for the template and whether I should install in a particular sequence. I tried this on another of my sites and did not use the sample with exten mgr and I get what I enxpect, an ugly site that has not been positioned yet. I am OK with that. Now I wonder if I should reload J3.6.3 to overrite the Joomla code or whether I should try to find what is wrong by looking at the db. I do not use K2 and at least now do not want to use K2. In fact until a few days ago I did not know what K2 was. I want to use Joomla not be a Joomla expert. Maybe your stuff is too tough for people like me and just the smart joomla techs that could write the skins and templates should use the product. I know this error is beyond my pay grade.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:31 am
Report this post
Please read also this: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... t-package/

and I always suggest one thing:
1) On real domain install empty Joomla 3.3.x+ , then on it install a template package and set as default, add real content
2) On subdomain install a GK QuickStart with all demo content - to check how all works

How looking at QS decide what you really need and install one by one: which modules -> where -> what source of content etc.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm
Report this post
I read the documentation. I found it after I had tried to install the template and the other two compressed files using ext. mgr. Maybe I have some stuff there that should not be there even though it bombed. I already have a functioning site and I do not want to shut it down to install a template. I wanted to see what it would look like with your template. I know I would have to reassign menus etc positions. Are you saying that if there is not a G5 version of a module, I should use the g4 version as with image? I have no idea why the 1146 error is coming up. It does not show the module just says in a select statement that the K2_items file is not found. How can I get rid of this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:34 pm
Report this post
Platinum Boarder