Logo above the menu items

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:37 am
Report this post
Hello there, I have tried to follow the advices you gave in other posts, but i could not solve.

The problem is that I have set and upload a logo, but when scrollind down, the logo covers part of the area as per image attached (the last part of the word "World" of the logo covers the word "Home of the menu.

How can I solve?

I can provide also access to the site via pm
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:50 am
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site - to a sample page where the change should be made?

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:11 pm
Report this post
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:06 pm
Report this post
have you had the chance to wath it?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 pm
Report this post
And, eventually, is it possible to have a text logo (from the settings of the template), but with the text of two different colors?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm
Report this post
I just want to add. I ahve the same problem. The logo image is opbviously wider than anticipated so when the user scrolls down and the menu appears at the top it goes uner the menu.

See here: http://www.neuropool.com/
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:51 pm
Report this post
Exactly as Andrew said. Now I tried to put a smaller logo, but the quality of the image is very poor.

- Is it possible to enlarge the space dedicated to the logo width?

- What do you suggest in order to have high quality logos and, if it's possible, to have different logo with different definition according to the zoom used by the user?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:15 pm
Report this post
If you would like to increase space occupied by logo on sticky menu, please edit: /templates/gk_news2/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
#gkLogoSmall {
width: 194px;
}

and manipulate with width value.
Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

If it goes to @Andrew_Watson problem - 290px should be fine with your logo.

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 pm
Report this post
BOOM. Thats it. I was trying with #gkLogo and not getting success.

Can I suggest something Cyberek? Why don't you guys at Gavick copy and paste this before your code snippits to help those unacustomed with the overrides:

You need to alter the template CSS. The best way is by using a CSS override which will mean the change will remain even after a template update. To do this:
1) Go to your Joomla admin and click on our template in the template manager.
2) Go to the "Advanced settings" tab and Enable the "CSS Override" option.
3) Paste the folowing code into the "Custom CSS code" box at the bottom and save:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:31 pm
Report this post
@Andrew_Watson - but this is exactly same to what I have written - I have provided which file to edit, what to paste into and finally - what to enable ;).

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:07 pm
Report this post
Sionis wrote:
- What do you suggest in order to have high quality logos and, if it's possible, to have different logo with different definition according to the zoom used by the user?

Is this possible?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 pm
Report this post
You can implement svg logo which is vector based logo, but you need to know that it doesn't work with all browsers (http://caniuse.com/#feat=svg)
With zooming in (plus) all you content gets scaled up, so not only logo enlarges but also all other elements. With images it is obviously that it will look not that good when enlarged.