with page suffix what is "option value"?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 pm
Report this post
Hi.

I want to make a link/button invisible on a specific page. The page has no menu-item id. I tried to copy the non-sef url of that page, copy that in the id/option filed and link it to a css-name.
My question is: is that the right way to do it?
In the non-sef page url there is al log statement with a number at the end. Do I have to copy the complete statement, or not?
This is the url: site-name/index.php?option=com_docman&view=list&slug=committee-meeting-reykjavik-2013&Itemid=986.
I tried only the number (986) but that does not work. I tried everything after option=: did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:02 pm
Report this post
I would suggest to place that page in a hidden menu. Only then correct ID will be added to it.

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:08 pm
Report this post
Yes I knew that: it will take loads of menu-items to do it. So I was looking for a smarter way. Tried to use the option value, but could never find any information about this.
So: what is or means the option value in the template settings? Or is it the same as the menu-id?

Thank you.
Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Report this post
The page suffix id correspond to menu id - the element must be within menu then.
The only other idea that comes to my mind is to do opposite - hide the element by default and show it only on selected (suffixed) pages.

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:21 pm
Report this post
Okay: thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Report this post
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.