Update Game

January 2012 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm
Hi,
did no update of Game since 1.5.
So there is the newest version 1.9. Can I update without any problems?
And to update, just copy the Game-Folder into wp-content?

Thanks a lot!
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 am
Hi,

First of all, please make a FULL backup. If you didn't change theme files from wp-content/themes/Game directory, please copy it to any temporary place and upload new version of the Game theme.

More information may be found here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... me-upgrade

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 am
Hi Joshua,

well, yes, did a full backup. Will follow the instructions.

BTW: At this occassion, how can I change H2 headlines ob sites and posts into H1?
At every page/post type there are just H2 headlines. Am I right if I say, for the whole SEO stuff, it is important to have H1 headlines? If I crawl my site, there are no H1, just H2 headlines.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm
Hi,
Could you provide your website URL? because by default post or pages titles are H1 headers:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/game/index.php?p=1535

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Mayby I explained it wrong: I checked my Website with seorch.de and got the result you can see at the attachment: No H1. It maybe means not the post headlines. But what else?

My Link:
https://luftschubser.de
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am
So we are talking about the frontpage only? You can't have h1 tags for your post titles on the frontpage, because it's a good practice to have only one h1 tag per page.

GK User
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 pm
Alright, I understand.
So, what is the consequence to have no h1 tag at the frontpage?
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am
Try to edit your Game/layouts/header.php file and change this fragment:
Code: Select all
<?php if(get_option($gk_tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css') != 'none') : ?>
                  <a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($gk_tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
               <?php endif; ?>

into:
<?php if(get_option($gk_tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css') != 'none') : ?>
                  <?php if (is_front_page()): ?><h1><?php endif; ?><a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($gk_tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a><?php if (is_front_page()): ?></h1><?php endif; ?>
               <?php endif; ?>

to add h1 for your logo (only on the frontpage)

GK User
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 pm
Hi Joshua,

that is working - thank's a lot!
As you can see the h1 tag appeares with (no text).
Where can I set for example "Luftschubser"?

thx
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 am
You can do it in the same file, change
<h1><?php endif; ?>

into:
<h1>Luftschubser<?php endif; ?>

but the text will be visible. If you want to hide it, please add custom css class to your header and add "text-indent: -99999px;" css.