Single Post without any Sidebar

January 2012 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:33 pm
Hi,
I wonder if it's possible to have just the Single Post without any sidebar and over the whole mainbody?
Just Single Post. It should be shown on all other pages. Or just like it is set at widget rules.
For example this page:
http://luftschubser.de/geiselstein-ammergebirge/
It's a single post. My sidebar is on the right. I would like to have the single post over the whole width. The theme width, I set at Game Theme Settings.

Guess, there must be an easy way. But I just don't get it yet. :roll:

Thx a lot!
Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:42 pm
Hi,

You have to use widget rules, if on your post view no widgets in the sidebar will be assigned, the sidebar won't be displayed. If you want to disable sidebar on all post/pages, please change Game -> Template Options -> Layout and "Page Layout" option.

For the pages - you can use "Full width" Page template (right column - Page Attributes)

GK User
Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:23 am
Hi and thank you!

Well, I just could not find the way to set widget rules like "all pages except Posts" and that works for all posts.
I can set "all pages except Posts" but then I have to add all post IDs?
How can I set sidebar is visible on frontpage and pages, categories but not at any single post?

Thx
Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 am
Hi,

You can display widget on all pages except single posts, in widget rules click "All pages except", select "Post" and instead of adding posts IDs, click "Add Page" button, then "All posts pages" rule will be added.

GK User
Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:27 pm
Thank you Piotr,
that's working just like I want it to. :-)
Senior Boarder