Problems in building Game demo

January 2012 WordPress Theme
GK User
Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:02 am
Hi all,

I started my first steps with Gavick Game. To learn how that whole widget thing is working, I am building the demo of Game right after the documentions. Yet, I have just built the homepage.

But I just have a few problems - hope I am right in posting here?

Just have a look here - work.luftschubser.de

Problems:

1. Banner Left:
The two tabs of the GK1 are not in the right size. I just don't know why. How to get it in right size like in the demo?
Between the GK1 Tab widget an the gk_nsp widget, is too much space. How to reduce that gap?

2. Banner Right:
It seems to be not in right place. The tab seem too be placed a little to much to the top.
At the bottom - after the readme button - there is too much space. How to reduce that gap?

3. Mainbody
There I did just like the documentation told at widget gk-nsp. But the pics are not on the left and not thumbnails. They are too huge.
Also I got that Error:

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/11/d154449484/htdocs/workluftschubser/wp-content/plugins/gk-nsp/article_wrappers/default/default.php on line 88

Get it also at the Inset-Area. So what to do about that error?

Sorry, I have just a minimum of experience in coding.

So could anyone help and make me understand?

Thanks a lot!

cheers
Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm
Hello,

Regarding your issuess:

1. Please add correct custom css class into your GK Tabs widget, check this screenshot:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp- ... tabs-2.png
You should add these classess: bigtabs transparent nobottom

2. Probably problem will disappear when you'll add above classess - if not please send me a PM with backend access to your website, then I'll be able to check it exactly.

3. In this case I also need your backend access to analyze this issue.

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:20 pm
Hi Piotr,

changing the css class worked very well for the first and second problem!

For 3rd one:
I found out how to solve the error message about the default.php. It was just because there the last 2 posts missed in the counting at the Basic Settings in the widget. I entered 4 instead of 6.

I just cannot solve problem with the images. They should appear on the left. As I set in the Article Layout. But they neither do it Left, nor on Top, if I set and save it in the widget. Just Below all the time.
Could you please have a look? Sending you my backend access via PM.

Another question:
That is all very new to me. So do I have the chance to find a documentation about all the costum-css-classes? Where do I find them and how do I know what effect they will have?
The screenshots in your current documentation of GAME are a little different and have different effects to the demo you're providing. So just why I will ask a few things.

Thanks a lot!

cheers
Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 am
Hello,

You've configured GK News Show Pro widget on the homepage very well, you've missed one thing - image may be on the left side only if it's on the first position, please check configuration screenshot:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp- ... _nsp-7.png
Now I think will be better to use one column layout.

All custom classess may be found here - on the configuration page and widget settings section:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... uration-2/

Generally, we are working on improving our documentation, now if you'll have any other issue/question feel free to ask here.

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 am
Hi Piotr,

thanks for your help. Everything works well now.
I checked the screenshot you told me. I thought, I did it just as it is shown. Well, the images are in the right position - left.
But I don't have any clue, how that comes. Maybe because auf changing the column to just one?

What did you meant: " image may be on the left side only if it's on the first position"? Is there a checkbox or something to give images the "first position"?

Thanks!
Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 am
Hi,

In the article layout tab, there are section like show image, show title, show text etc. I you want to display image on the left, image section should be first. You can change the order using drag&drop technique. Please check the attachment

GK User
Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 am
Hi Piotr,

awesome! Didn' knew that. Drag & Drop! That is awesome ... outstandig!

Thanks!

Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 am
Hi Piotr,

just another question:
I changed the margin and font-size of the links in the main menu. But how do I manage the Login-link on the upper right?
I'd like to have that button in the same line as the menu links. Where can I change this?

Thanks

Alex
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 am
Hi,
Add the following code into the theme’s css/override.css file (make sure to enable the “Use the override.css file” option in Template options > Advanced in the WordPress backend)

Code: Select all
#gk-login {
   margin: 35px;
}