Problems with search, menu and login

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
parcIT
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm
Report this post
Hello Gavick-team,

I am a total layman :? and only know the little things I taught myself by reading forums and klicking through joomla! Now I am stuck with several things:

1. Menu
I want to have a mousover menu with several columns just like "template" and "easy blog" in your demo. I installed K2 and imported all the joomla things in there. I tried to put a module containing a category in module position "menu 1", but it says "Error: No articles to display", though there should be some articles.
Is there perhaps an easier way to create a Menu with several Columns? I find this very confusing. The Menu will be static, so there is no need to work with a category.

2. Login
I created this module an put it in "menu 2". I would like it to work like the one in the demo. It should open when klicked. Mine is always showing the input areas.

3. Search
The search works fine, but I cannot place the module. When I put search in "menu 3", it does not show. When I put it in "menu 2", it shows, but there is also the Login in that position and thou sit atop one another (and both twice, too).

Please, help me with these issues.

Here's my URL:
http://j25.s15408148.onlinehome-server.info/

Thank you very much in advance!

teitbite
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 am
Report this post
Hi

Please do not use positions menu1, menu2, etc if You are not trying to create a submenu module, those positions are prepared for it. If you are still learning than I would advice to install a quickstart package to have orginal demo settings to compare to. Or check with documentation: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... iguration/