interesting question about the Game and Storefront template

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Report this post
Hello people,

I have a interesting question about the Game and Storefront template. Currently iam using the template Game for a website. Now i would like to introduce a webshop in to this website. Now i can install virtuemart and stuff, this is no problem. So my question itself is very simple: Can i use the virtuemart theme of Storefront in the Game template? Iam really hoping that it can be done simply, by uploading some folders and files of storefront, in to the Game template. In my theory, it should not be that hard because its theme is based on overrides right?

Please advice me because i dont know if my theory is correct and if so, how to do this.

Hope to here you soon.

Best regards,

Matthias
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 am
Report this post
Copying html structure is one thing, but then you would need to copy all styling that applies to virtuemart items...
Even then it might not work as you expect, as some styles are inheritanced from parent elements.

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm
Report this post
So its probably not possible?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm
Report this post
Okee, iam just going to try. Now i copied html folder in to the game template html direction. Now please help me started, where can i get the virtuemart styling?

Best regards,

Matthias
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:00 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but this is a customisation out of our support scope. If you know firebug/devtools you have tools get started. If not, then any given tip will not be enough.

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:30 pm
Report this post
Thanks. I understand this is not under your support scope. You mean devtools like "inspect elements" in Chrome? Im used to that. So please just tell me which steps to do in a short way. How to do, i will figure out myself.

Or maby if you can give me a price if your interested? But i think if you tell me in short way i can figure it out.

regards, M
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 am
Report this post
You need to inspect elements and find where their css declaration are placed (you can see each declaration and file/line number). With this as a start you can try to copy entire block of css code, but there is no "easy" way to doing that.

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 am
Report this post
okee, thanks
Senior Boarder