how to update template InStyle

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:09 am
Report this post
Hi, I've bought this InStyle template 2 years ago and haven't updated since, now the site has delay problem. So I bought again the newest template, per your recomendation. So, maybe you can help guide me what to do next?

I know I need to download the 'gk_theme.zip' to get this file: 'gk_instyle_J!3.zip'
then should i just use, extension>extension manager - install? would that update the site to the newest version?

please advise.

Thanks
-Martin
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am
Report this post
Hi

Start with making a copy of Your site, use Akeeba Backup component to make it fast. Than on this copy update first joomla, than template and rest of the extensions. All can be done using joomla installer.

If You want to test the template it's also possible to unpack and replace folder in /templates

GK User
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 pm
Report this post
Thank you, so far works flawlessly. :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:10 pm
Report this post
Hi

Great to hear it. Closing this thread than.