Problem with quickstart

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:28 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I just purchased a subscription for the second time. After using the quickstart for the installation, my site doesn't look anything like the demo. Please note that the reason I purchased and used the quick start is to begin working quickly so that I dont waste time doing setup which you already did. Please assist with this immediately. All I need is for the installation to look like the demo, it doesn't have to have images even if the images are not available, I just need to see that it looks like the demo

thank you

the site is

http://gracedentalsmiles.com/elenbeauty
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 pm
Report this post
Hi,
did you read this : https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... quickstart
This info have 2 years (2013).
demo.gif

Whole rest from demo seems to work.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:40 pm
Report this post
The link you sent me just takes me to a place where I see information about images used. Can you give a better assistance?
thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:42 pm
Report this post
I dont waste time doing setup which you already did.

If you're building custom website you always have to spend lot's of time on adding/changing content, especially if we talk about shop. In most cases creating a new site from zero is much quicker and QS is used only to check out how that or that was set.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm
Report this post
Can you give a better assistance?

Can you show me differences between your demo and ours, of course, we do not talk about photos.
I guess you have small experience with Joomla, am I right ? And we are not ostraining.com or Lynda.com.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:45 pm
Report this post
Ok,
this does not get me near anywhere I want to be with this site. Again, I would like my installation to look like the demo. How do I make that happen, I believe it's by using the quickstart option. I have used it and my site does not look like the demo, please check

http://gracedentalsmiles.com/elenbeauty
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:47 pm
Report this post
Oscar E wrote:
Can you give a better assistance?

Can you show me differences between your demo and ours, of course, we do not talk about photos.
I guess you have small experience with Joomla, am I right ?

Your demo has slideshow and a module on the right and it also has a list of the product categories below that which is not seen on mine installation
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 pm
Report this post
Maybe I installed my QS long time ago, and somebody has broken QS data in meantime.
Can you give me 30 min. to install a QS from current (today) package on my server - it will help both of us.

In meantime Can you check for me if you have in Module Manager

Image Show GK4 | on position: top1 | published
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 pm
Report this post
hi,
I just did the installation again and voila it is now showing the demo page, thank you for your help. I will contact you again if I need anything else.

appreciate your quick response on this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 pm
Report this post
It was weird case anyway.
Probably during installation - one query to database was wrong.
--
My DEMO page with new package also looks okey, like old one.
No problem, have fun.
Platinum Boarder