Category link from Main menu not working

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 am
Report this post
Hi,

I have created new product categories, products and have assigned category to respective products in the VirtueMart.

Next in the main menu I have created a menu item with menu item type as VirtueMart Category Layout and have assigned a category defined from the 'Select a category' field under required settings.

Now from the Live website when I click on the menu item, the address bar shows the correct path but it does not display all the products in the selected category. Rather it brings me back to the Home Page.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 am
Report this post
Hi

Please tell me what is the type of the menu item for home and if You have defined a default page for virtuemart homepage.

GK User
Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:29 pm
Report this post
Sorry I'm new to Joomla and In Style template.

Did you mean what is the the Menu item type from the Main Menu? It is VirtueMart » Category Layout.

Where would I define the default page for virtuemart homepage? I did not see it under Configuration for VirtueMart.

Here's the link to the category page (which still shows Home page): http://www.orchidtrendz.com/index.php/w ... tole/linen
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

You need to have a VM menu item with type "Front Page", which way any VM related views (cart, checkout, products) will be opened under this menu element.

I cannot check Your site, it's showing me "Error 502".

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 pm
Report this post
I created the menu with type as virtuemart front page, but even that is not working. Any URL I click from the homepage, brings me back to the same page. For example, even if I click on the products displayed under "Best sellers" section on the homepage, it brings me back to the home page.

If I can't display any product details, there is no point using this template. Any help how I can fix these errors?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. This is not template related since module is using JRoute core joomla function to create links, so there must be a problem with landing page. I'll check that.

PS: If You remove a module from mainbody module position from frontpage than products will show, but this is just an information not a solution.

teitbite
Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hi

First of all please rename "htaccess.txt" to ".htaccess" than update template and joomla to the latest version. This looks to be server related, but I'll know more when I will have this 3 things prepared.