Problem with Main Menu

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:34 pm
Report this post
I have made changes to all the links, but one of the menu categories keeps showing a category from the template. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, as I did the same thing across the menu and it is only doing it with one category.

Using the template as an example, with SEF enabled, I created something, let's say "hands" as the category. Instead of it showing domain.com/hands, it is showing domain.com/womens-brands/hands. It is only doing that with one of the menu categories. I am well aware it could be a mistake on my part, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone could help, please let me know.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 am
Report this post
The menu structure in Joomla is hierarchical which means that you will see alias of every menu item parent in the URL. Please go to your menu settings and check aliases for parent categories, one of them for sure is called womens-brands.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm
Report this post
Thank you. I will review this step later - I disabled SEF and URL rewriting until the website is complete. Once I get to that step (finishing the site), I'll update this to help other people that may be having this issue.
Expert Boarder