Questions About inStyle K2 Articles & The Menu

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm
Report this post
I have 2 questions, I will try to be specific and short:

1. Using the demo as an example (http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/instyle/) I am having problems with "Best Sellers" and "Blog" showing the same articles.

2, I am having problems with the top menu showing the same images in the final column of the menu on each section. Please look at the demo and you will know what I mean; on the demo, each section shows a different image on the final column.

I am aware it is simply me not figuring out some of the configuration. I have figured most of it out, but was frustrated trying to answer this.

The Pretenders are such a damn good band. Unrelated, but still, I'm listening to Chrissy sing and she is so damn awesome.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 24, 2014 4:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

1. Both this modules are News Show Pro and it can only show same articles if source is configured like that. Please just make sure it's not using same categories/tags/id or whatever You have used as source.

2. In menu items You should have an option to add a name of module position. I bet simply configured to use same module position name in each case.

The Pretenders? Never heared of them :( What type of music is it ? Only thing which cames in mind is a song called Pretender by Foo Fighters.

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 4:40 pm
Report this post
Thank you Teitbite. I will check and see if I can use the info above to fix the issue.

Never heard of the Pretenders? I wouldn't be surprised if they were one of Dave's and the rest of the Foo Fighters favorite bands. They were one of the best of early Punk/New Wave/Alterhantive.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 4:54 pm
Report this post
I found what I was looking for. I really appreciate your help. I just needed to look more. Sometimes it gets overwhelming, plus I'm working on a massive website...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

Great to hear that. Glad I could help :)

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 pm
Report this post
Actually, I'm still having the problem with the menu items: I am having problems with the top menu showing the same images in the final column of the menu on each section. Please look at the demo and you will know what I mean; on the demo, each section shows a different image on the final column.

I made adjustments, but could not fix it. I could remove it, but not fix it. I like the articles showing up in the menu and would rather fix it. These are the banner menu items in the main menu.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:23 pm
Report this post
Sorry to repeat, but if anyone can help, please do, I don't want to create a new post:

I am having problems with the top menu showing the same images in the final column of the menu on each section. Please look at the demo and you will know what I mean; on the demo, each section shows a different image on the final column.

I made adjustments, but could not fix it. I could remove it, but not fix it. I like the articles showing up in the menu and would rather fix it. These are the banner menu items in the main menu.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please show me Your site and point me to the place where I can see this problem.

GK User
Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm
Report this post
I have it password protected right now and I'm not at work today, but if you look at the menu on the demo, the last column in the menu shows a different picture for an article in each section on the menu. Mine happens to show the same articles on every menu.I'm sure it is simply something that I need to learn, but for whatever reason I cannot fix it.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

Do You mean like this image ?

It is a module position as any other, You just need to attach different modules to menu item when You want it to show a different module.

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:32 pm
Report this post
Yep,. that's it. I'm sorry to ask, and I really appreciate the help, but can you point me to what module to edit?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

In quickstart it's a module with ID 696.

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 pm
Report this post
i found the module, but I can only change it for all headings on the menu, everything is the same thing... Perhaps I should just give you a link to my site (it's password protected).
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm
Report this post
Hi

Now I understand what You were asking about :) I missunderstood You.

Issue is that You have selected the same module position for last column where module is displayed. You should set it to menu1, menu2,... each time a different one. Right now it's menu2 in all cases and same module is displaying there.

GK User
Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:59 pm
Report this post
I'm going crazy trying to find and fix this... It seems like it wouldn't be this difficult, but for whatever reason, I'm just not finding it.

Also, while looking, I noticed an error on one of the items in my main menu:

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home6/thesashc/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/views/items/tmpl/default.php on line 176
Sashes (Alias: sashes)

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home6/thesashc/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/views/items/tmpl/default.php on line 198
K2 » Categories

Pretty please help. :-)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:39 pm
Report this post
UPDATE: I'm still having the problem fixing the issue of the menu images, and don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I didn't do anything different than the Demo so I am not sure why it is displaying the same images on the menu.

As for the other issue (the warning), I did a "rebuild the menu" and that fixed the issue. I never used that feature before (nor did I review the consequences, but all seems to be okay now).
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sorry for delay. I cought a flu. Please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll change it for You.

GK User
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:25 pm
Report this post
I sent you a link via email. I gave the wrong discussion link in the first email, but resent it with this one.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 am
Report this post
Hi

Just as suspected You have not set the different module positions for me this submenus. All were set to "menu2".

I've made "menu1" under "Sashes", left "menu2" under "Stoles" and added "menu3" for "Accessories". Please check the screen to see where this is configurable.

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm
Report this post
Thank you so much. Just to clarify, which module was edited? Is it bannerx that plays on each of the menus? Just so I don't ever have to ask again, and know how to edit it in the future.

Again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 am
Report this post
Hi

Please order list by module position names and You will see that there are 2 modules for menu1 and menu2. You just need to add 3rd module into menu3. That's all.

GK User
Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 pm
Report this post
I did it, thanks! It is working great now.
Expert Boarder