Site tagline is shown as h1

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm
My site tagline is showing as an h1 title. How can I make this h2 as all my posts and pages are h1 titles so I now have 2 which is not good for SEO

teambuilding-bangkok.com
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 pm
Hello toni,

Please open file layouts/header.php in the theme directory and please change the following fragment:

Code: Select all
<?php if(get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css') != 'none') : ?>
<h1>
   <a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
</h1>
<?php endif; ?>

to:

Code: Select all
<?php if(get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css') != 'none') : ?>
   <a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
<?php endif; ?>

By the way - as I know in HTML5 more than one H1 tags are allowed, and it isn't so big problem as earlier in XHTML/HTML4 era ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:40 pm
Thank you Dziudek

Just after I posted to you I also found a post also saying that in HTML5 it is possible to have 2 H1 tags! What I don't understand is how a web code would make a difference as 2 x H1 tags is still 2 x H1 tags ;) I went with your fix which works perfectly however by changing the header.php the only problem now is that my static home page has no H1 tag. :oops:
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:34 pm
I think that you should replace the h2 tag with h1 tag in the text widget on the header widget area :)
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:00 pm
Hi DZIUDEK

I edited the header.php back as it was for now which would give me 2 x h1 tags. The more I read about HTML5 the more it appears to be o.k. having 2 x h1 tags! I'll keep an eye on my SEO page rank. When you replied with 'replace the h2 tag with h1 tag in the text widget on the header widget' I assume this was to enable the h1 tag on the home page?

Regards

Toni
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:14 pm
Yes, in this case you can remove h1 tag in the logo and achieve the h1 tag in the page header.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm
dziudek wrote:Yes, in this case you can remove h1 tag in the logo and achieve the h1 tag in the page header.

Thank you. Please mark as SOLVED ;)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:32 pm
I solved this too soon. When I added the change to my header.php it now shows the date, written by etc. as H1 titla tags
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm
It seems that you have modified wrongly the header block - I see two times the opening H2 tag and there is no closing h2 tag.
Administrator