Homepage not showing Description Title

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 pm
I have a static home page but it will not show any description title apart from the site title blogname. The meta description content works fine

http://teambuilding-solutions.com

Toni
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:37 pm
Hi,

Did you set "Set title description" from Template Options -> SEO tab?

GK User
Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 pm
Yes I did, but this also shows after each post. Am I correct in assuming that I should give this a much longer title e.g. 7 words and not have this show in other posts. I'm trying to work out the best options for SEO It only shows the blog name although everything else is enabled

I have attached how Google is showing my home page

Capture.JPG
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:17 am
Try to set option "Set title description" to your title (the full title with description, which will be displayed on homepage) and then disable option "Display blogname in title" to prevent displaying it on other posts/pages.

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am
Hi Piotr

No this doesn't work. If I do this there is no title! The page is simply not showing the page title. I checked this on my other website also using your SEO enabled with the same issue
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:28 pm
You're right, I missed fact that you are using static page as a homepage.

Try to edit gavern/helpers/helpers.layout.php file and change
Code: Select all
$title = is_home() ? $desc : $prepared;

from gk_title function to
Code: Select all
$title = is_front_page() ? $desc : $prepared;

You found another bug ;) Thanks for your help, we'll fix it in the nearest themes update.

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:52 pm
No problem Piotr, always appreciate your support. That solved it. For anyone else wishing to do this I found it on line 72

SOLVED

;) ;)
Expert Boarder