Duplicate Title Tags perhaps due to changing permalinks

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 pm
This problem is not related to your theme and I'm posting in the hope you may point me in the right direction. Recently I changed my permalinks from 'category/post' to 'post' In Google Web Master it shows that all my posts have duplicate title tags as example below:

teambuilding-solutions.com

Movie Making Team Building Events - Create Your Own Movie
/activities/movie-making-team-building/
/movie-making-team-building/

At the moment I am still using Yoast SEO but I am thinking of removing this plugin and using the SEO you have already built into the theme! I am still working around how your SEO works in comparison and should make the move soon. ;)

Would you know it the duplicate Title Tags are due to the fact I changed my permalinks?

Regards

Toni
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:45 pm
Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't see mentioned duplicated title tags, could you give me more details, where can I see/check it?

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 pm
Hi Piotr

They are showing up in my Google Webmaster account however, since my last post I have disabled Yoast SEO (which is known for duplicate title tags), and enabled your built in SEO

The reason for my post was perhaps you had come across this before due to changing permalinks? It could also be due to Yoast SEO

I also added 301 re-directs from e.g. /activities/movie-making-team-building/ to http://teambuilding-solutions.com/movie ... -building/

... in the hope to clear it.

I don't know how you could check as it's only showing in Google webMaster

Regards

Toni
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:07 am
I think that it's not connected with permalinks, maybe just change your permalink again (restore) and then check these title tags.

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:46 am
The permalinks are working and I added 301 re directs which cleared the duplicate title tags in Webmaster ;) This only happened when I changed the permalinks to posts but seems to have resolved with the 301 re-directs ;)
Expert Boarder