Video goes over menu in Exp 10

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm
I find that any embedded YouTube video slides over the menu in Explorer10 Is there anything I can add to prevent this?

http://teambuilding-bangkok.com/event-t ... g-bangkok/

Capture.JPG
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Hi

Please try add this code to override.css and remember to allow using of override in template settings.

Code: Select all
iframe { position: relative !Important; }

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please try add this code to override.css and remember to allow using of override in template settings.

iframe { position: relative !Important; }

I added the code but it doesn't fix it. It only happens in our favourate Explorer10!!! ;)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:09 pm
Hi

I was hoping it would help, because if not than it means that it's caused by validation error. Please looks here: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0 Check all the custom html looking for issues in syntax. There must be an unclosed element somewhere.

GK User
Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I was hoping it would help, because if not than it means that it's caused by validation error. Please looks here: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0 Check all the custom html looking for issues in syntax. There must be an unclosed element somewhere.

Thanks for your support teitbite

I ran the page through the validator and found 9 errors. Are you able to point be in the right direction as to the one causing the issue?

e.g.

Error Line 200, Column 71: Unclosed element a.
<a href="http://teambuilding-bangkok.com/team-building-event-request/">

Error Line 203, Column 6: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div></div>

Error Line 204, Column 8: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div> </div>

Error Line 204, Column 17: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div> </div>

Error Line 205, Column 8: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div>

Error Line 210, Column 64: An a start tag seen but an element of the same type was already open.
…mbuilding-bangkok.com" class="cssLogo"> <small>Team Building | Bangkok Thaila…

Error Line 210, Column 64: End tag a violates nesting rules.

Error Line 210, Column 64: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.

Regards

Toni
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm
toni wrote:

Thanks for your support teitbite

I ran the page through the validator and found 9 errors. Are you able to point be in the right direction as to the one causing the issue?

e.g.

Error Line 200, Column 71: Unclosed element a.
<a href="http://teambuilding-bangkok.com/team-building-event-request/">

Error Line 203, Column 6: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div></div>

Error Line 204, Column 8: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div> </div>

Error Line 204, Column 17: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div> </div>

Error Line 205, Column 8: End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
</div>

Error Line 210, Column 64: An a start tag seen but an element of the same type was already open.

Error Line 210, Column 64: End tag a violates nesting rules.

Error Line 210, Column 64: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.

Regards

Toni

What I meant was is there a Chrome Extension that would show me where the lines are so I may fix them?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm
Hi

Acctually I cannot help with pointing to the right code or a tool which can help. The only way to locate is by disabling custom content and a moduel after module till this error will disapear, the last unpublished extention will be to blame and will require a closer look.

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Acctually I cannot help with pointing to the right code or a tool which can help. The only way to locate is by disabling custom content and a moduel after module till this error will disapear, the last unpublished extention will be to blame and will require a closer look.

Thanks teitbite. this makes sense and I'll work on this. Would you like to keep this post open so once I have (hopefully) solved this I can post here

Many thanks for your support :oops:

Toni
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 pm
Hi

Template itself doesn't have this issue, so start stro checking the content which was added maually. This is the most common place to find the validation error.

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm
I agree with you that it has to come from the content so I will work through it. Many thasnks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 pm
Hi

Just please let me know if You will have a problem with locating it. We do not support fixing such errors, but if I'll have a free minute I'll take a look.

GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:23 am

Just please let me know if You will have a problem with locating it. We do not support fixing such errors, but if I'll have a free minute I'll take a look.

Thank you Teitbite. It's very kind of you to offer and I had found e.g. 10 errors on my home page and another 11 on other pages most of which were due to a plugin! Over the last few days I have finally managed to fix all errors on the home page and there is one left on the other page with video which is possibly the main problem with the video going over the menu.

The video embed code came from Youtube but the Validator gives me this error:

Line 328, Column 102: The frameborder attribute on the iframe element is obsolete. Use CSS instead.
…bed/cd_UVPStF08?rel=0" height="460" width="700" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

I think this could be simple placing a code in the custom.css which I'm trying to work out ;)

To be honest it would have been to easy to simply ask you to fix the errors for me but then I wouldn't have learned anything. I now have a better understanding how Validator W3 works ;) and my home page is now clear! ;) ;)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 pm
Hi

Line 328, Column 102: The frameborder attribute on the iframe element is obsolete. Use CSS instead.
…bed/cd_UVPStF08?rel=0" height="460" width="700" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

This is not an error :) I would call it a suggestion :) Anyway do not worry about that it could not cause this problem.

I think I need to check this problem while on acctuall IE10. Please try to contact me via Skype (nick: teitbite), than we will share screen and maybe I'll be able to figure it out than.

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:14 am

This is not an error :) I would call it a suggestion :) Anyway do not worry about that it could not cause this problem.

I think I need to check this problem while on acctuall IE10. Please try to contact me via Skype (nick: teitbite), than we will share screen and maybe I'll be able to figure it out than.

When I wrote error I meant my error :D I had forgotten some closing tags e.g. </a> etc but the video could be due to the border! When is the best time to Skype you? I am busy today and tomorrow so if not over the weekend perhaps Monday/Tuesday next week?

Thanks again for your great support ;)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Hi

Please add me first and then if you will have time just talk to me. If I'll be online than we will try to solve it.

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:29 am

Please add me first and then if you will have time just talk to me. If I'll be on line than we will try to solve it.

Please accept my apologies for not Skyping you as my membership had expired (re-new last night - Lifetime) and I am also in the middle of some large events. Once I have got through this I will definitely Skype

Regards

Toni
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:02 am
Hi

No problem. Please just do when You will have a chance.

GK User
Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:54 am
Hi Teitbite

I didn't Sype you as it was Christmas however I have finally found the fix! There are many posts online but none seemed to solve this issue. By reading through them and trying different things this fixed it for me and I hope it helps others.

You need to add: ?wmode=transparent&rel=0 at the end of the source URL as example below

src=".....youtube.com/embed/n2ofCKRtdwo" frameborder="0"

src=".....youtube.com/embed/n2ofCKRtdwo?wmode=transparent&rel=0" frameborder="0"

Kindly note the //www has been removed so the video link doesn't get embedded into your forum!

SOLVED
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:43 pm
Hi

Ok. Looks like a fine solution, but this is an option to padd the wmode attribute in url, which is not always accessible. If You ar using a full code for embed than You will need to pass this attribute differently. as for example:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>

To me honest I have not heared about Your way of doing that :) But I guess it was in YouTube manuals.

GK User
Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:57 pm
There were many posts giving the same option but I could not get it to work as their YouTube embed code appeared different so I just played around their solutions and my YouTube embed code for a few days until it worked! ;)

I really appreciate your support though and have a Happy New year ;)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 am
Hi

Thank You very much and all the best in a New Year as well :)