Hide Static Front Page Content

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:49 pm
On your demo you're using the posts for the home page. You have a widget in the 'mainbody' position which I'd like to do however I have the content and the widget will not display. Is there a setting in which I can hide the home page (static) content and to display the same widget as per your demo in the 'mainbody' position?

www.teambuilding-bangkok.com
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 pm
You can hide any element with this method:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... mla-pages/

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:40 pm
oops I have a Wordpress site. Any options there?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 pm
Ok, please post a screenshot and mark elements you would like to hide.

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:14 pm
It's not an issue as I'd just like to add a widget into the 'mainbod'y position but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps because I have content there as it's a static page. I like the grey background. Don't spend too much on this as I can work around it if it's not a simple thing to do ;)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:07 pm
With WP and custom body classes you can hide any element with override.css - just enable it in template settings and address the element relatively to body custom class on that particular page.

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm
Cyberek wrote:With WP and custom body classes you can hide any element with override.css - just enable it in template settings and address the element relatively to body custom class on that particular page.

Sorry but this is a little beyond me at the moment. :oops: I understand how to use the overide but I do not understand what to place in it. Also if I am able to hide the front page (static) post will it still be found by search engines?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 pm
Hiding element with css doesn't hide it from SE.
Please make a screenshot of your frontpage and mark the element you would like to hide. Ill prepare custom css for you.

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 pm
Hi Cyberik

I want to hid the main body content so only widgets show. Mainbody position so I can place a widget there. Everything under "Team Building Thailand" is the content on the static page which is the homepage and id number 5 ;)

Capture.JPG
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 pm
Hi,

@Toni, just enable "Widgets Display on Homepage" option from template options -> basic tab and then you can use widgets on homepage mainbody position (instead of standard blog posts).

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

@Toni, just enable "Widgets Display on Homepage" option from template options -> basic tab and then you can use widgets on homepage mainbody position (instead of standard blog posts).

I did that but it doesn't work. Could it be because the front page is a static page and not post?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:28 pm
Yes, that's the reason, but you want use widgets on mainbody position, so you can use latest posts - blog as your homepage. it should be easier.

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 am
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Yes, that's the reason, but you want use widgets on mainbody position, so you can use latest posts - blog as your homepage. it should be easier.

Hi Piotr

That makes sense to me now. As the static page has a page 1 Google rank based on it's original content perhaps I'll leave it as is but in the future I should perhaps make my site as per your demo with latest posts as the home page. My lasy question before closing this topic: which would rank better for SEO, a static page or latest posts? That may be a silly question but have to ask! :oops:
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:30 pm
It's hard to say which homepage is better, it depends on many factor.
Having latest post will make Search Engines to crawl your homepage more often and rank better. In the other hand you can optimized your primary keyword/s on static page, so i don't know :)