IE Issues

Dedicated support forum for CloudHost elegant bosting WordPress theme which is perfect for your business and hosting websites. Here you can ask questions and discuss with other theme users.
GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 pm
Hello:

I purchased the template 'CloudHost' and even though it seems to have IE 8 and IE9 .JS files to support the browsers, the template seems to fail on IE 8, IE9, and IE7. The logo isn't showing, and the Header (BG) image isn't changing accordingly - it's stuck on the the header image as showing in the Demo.

The website is http://www.mapleinsurance.com

Also, the Header BG image revers to the Demo version, on all browsers, when in responsive mode.

Thank-you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 pm
Hi,

IE7 is not supported, I just tested IE8 and looks ok, did you checked on real device with IE? On IE 9, you're right, your logo is invisible, i'll try to fix it but homepage is loading correctly.

In regards to the header background - in Cloudhost/images, there are responsive version of the background - mobile and tablet, you should also replace these image files.

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 pm
Paste this code into CloudHost/css/ie9.css file:
Code: Select all
.imageLogo img {
        max-width: auto!important;
        width: auto!important;
}

We'll improve it in the nearest theme update.

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

IE7 is not supported, I just tested IE8 and looks ok, did you checked on real device with IE? On IE 9, you're right, your logo is invisible, i'll try to fix it but homepage is loading correctly.

In regards to the header background - in Cloudhost/images, there are responsive version of the background - mobile and tablet, you should also replace these image files.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I ment to say IE10 - I realize IE7 wasn't supported. I was hoping IE10 would be included as well. But it renders the same in IE10 as it does in IE9. Will the code snippet below work for IE10 as well?

best.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 pm
... BTW, the header BG (demo default) picture still shows up in IE9, and not the one i uploaded, which renders properly in IE8.

How can I fix that?

Also, where can I change the mobile header image?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 am
Try to add mentioned code also into css/template.css file.

Did you replace these images: Cloudhost/images/header_wide.jpg and header_tablet.jpg for tablet version, header_mobile.jpg for mobile.