Clicking on site title in (M)Social - direct to custom page?

Professional social WordPress theme with metro design, fully-adjustable grid widget and BuddyPress support.
GK User
Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:05 pm
Hi, in the installed (M)Social theme, when a user clicks on the site title, the static front page or front page as defined in wordpress refreshes. Is there a way to custom define the redirected/refreshed page name upon clicking site title? For example, if I click on the site title on the (M)Social theme, instead of refreshing the front page, I want it to go to Activities page. How do I do that?

It's upon clicking the site title on the main navigation menu bar as defined by the (M)Social theme, as see in the screenshot attached. I want it to be a custom defined page instead of the default front page.

Thanks in advance for your reply! Cheers!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:51 am
Hello,

By default, the logo is a link to website frontpage. If you want to change it, you have to edit theme html/php files. (Msocial/layouts/header.php file)

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:13 pm
Thanks, I downloaded Msocial/layouts/header.php file, but was not able to find the section in the php file to switch the link to logo and site name on header. What would be the code snippet to use to make this switch? Sorry my php is not so good. Does it have to do with the following code snipper from Msocial/layouts/header.php file? Thanks!

<?php if(get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css') != 'none') : ?>
<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 pm
Yes, in your fragment there's:
Code: Select all
<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"

you can change it into:
Code: Select all
<a href="#YOUR_URL"

It's recommended to use child theme for this kind of modifications.