Homepage Activity Blocks Not loading.

Professional social WordPress theme with metro design, fully-adjustable grid widget and BuddyPress support.
GK User
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:38 am
Just installed the theme, but the Activity blocks on the homepage have the demo content but will not change to new information. Are there any clear cut instructions on how to get activity to appear?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:00 am
Hi,

Please remember about the widget's content cache. If the activities are still not changed, please send me a private message with your website backend access, then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:26 pm
I sent you a PM. This is important. On the homepage - none of the BP widgets used in the GK Grid are working properly.

BP widgets that have the user name enabled are not displaying them. BP widgets that should show uploaded user photos are not showing them (instead they keep showing the default demo photos). I have researched the forums and documentation and have even tried calling internationally to get support on this.

I recommend you guys not only have a demo video created, but also a trouble-shooting video or section for this homepage set-up. It looks like it should be easy as the BP widgets data-source is selected correctly, but it's frustrating why the data is not showing or pulling. Is there ANY documentation on this issue that I can see or can be helped with?

This is a very urgent matter. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 pm
Hi,

I've checked your first GK BuddyPress widget from GK Grid I widget area and your offset option was set to "8" and you probably don't have 8 activity photos uploaded; I've changed the offset to "0" and the last image is displayed properly.

Please check the documentation of GK BuddyPress widget:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/msoci ... uddypress/

and other widgets:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/msoci ... n-widgets/

This article should be also helpful:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/msoci ... -elements/

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm
Ok thank you - but what about the large image box?? - nothing appears in that box - it remains grey. I also do not see user profile images appearing next to status updates -- how do we get those to appear??

These buddy-press widgets are what we need a more in-depth training screen capture or video for. They do not seem to be pulling from the data-source.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 pm
Note: The user profile pictures on the homepage GK Grid show as broken images.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:57 pm
Also, I have pages attached to the buddypress "Register" and "Activate" but when I click on them, they just show the homepage. If I find a fix, I will update this.

And on the profile page, above the profile, there is a Page Header and a line below it. Is there a way to remove this and move the profile section up?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:19 pm
Hi, checking to see if anyone will respond to my posts from above??
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:47 pm
Hi, I also replaced the profile pic for a user that appears on the homepage, and again it is showing a broken image symbol, instead of the image. What can I do to prevent this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:18 pm
Hi,

Regarding the grey image in the grid, please replace content 3rd widget (text widget ) from GK Grid I widget area:
Code: Select all
<div class="gk-photo">

<a href="[pageurl]/activity" style="background-image: url('[pageurl]/wp-content/themes/Msocial/images/demo/1.jpg');"></a>

<h3 class="gk-status-text-bottom gk-statust-text-light homepage"><a href="[pageurl]/activity">BuddyPress Activity Wall - New GK BP widget</a></h3>

</div>

Replace the header (h3) text and image and links URLs, that's all.

You can also use another content of this text widget, everything is described here:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/msoci ... -elements/

The "register" and "activate" pages don't work when you are logged in, try to logout and check these pages.

I've saved your widgets again and profile images are displayed properly, like I said before the content is cached.

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:04 pm
Ok thank you for providing some answers.

Sorry to be a pain about this, but I really am struggling with understanding this GK Grid. The code you provided above was already listed in the Text widget. I went ahead and replaced it with what you provided, but the results are the same. The grey box still appears. With the code, it appears that it is pulling from 1 image source. I was under the impression that rotating activity photos can also appear here -- is that possible, or must it be 1 image source?

Here's what I did:

<div class="gk-photo">

<a href="http://MYSITE.us/activity" style="background-image: url('http://MYSITE.us/wp-content/themes/Msocial/images/demo/1.jpg');"></a>

<h3 class="gk-status-text-bottom gk-statust-text-light homepage"><a href="http://MYSITE.us/activity">BuddyPress Activity Wall - New GK BP widget</a></h3>

</div>
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:19 am
Hello,

You can change this image to any other image from your Media Library - the URL may be found in Media Library when you are editing the image.

I can see your image ..wp-content/themes/Msocial/images/demo/1.jpg now on the grid, please remember about the cache- if you don't want to wait, just resave the Grid widget.

GK User
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:21 pm
Hi,

Hate to keep asking questions. I am starting to finally understand the Grid Widget after much trial and error. The problem that keeps happening is when I change a profile image. On the homepage it keeps appearing as a broken file. I viewed it on both google chrome and internet explorer and the same result. I re-saved the GK Grid widget and event reduced the cache to "0", and still the broken link appears. This broken file/link is concerning with this appearing on the home page. What causes this and how can it be fixed? Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:15 pm
Also, on the member profile page for buddypress, for the profile tabs, I changed the background color, but it changes the entire tabs box. Meaning, if I have clicked on "Profile" and click "Edit Profile" the background area where "Edit Profile" and the 2 other tabs with it all have the same color. Is there a way that I can make this background color slightly darker, so that it's clear to members this area is different than the tabs above it? Thanks,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:49 am
Could you send me FTP access to your website? I'll try to disable the cache completely.

Regarding the profile page - I'll check it, but can't login to your website now, to check "edit profile" button etc.