Newcomer2Gavern How2install gk_msocial_rest_files.zip

Professional social WordPress theme with metro design, fully-adjustable grid widget and BuddyPress support.
GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 pm
I cannot find any directions/documentation on how to or where to install the contents of the gk_msocial_rest_files.zip
Having unpacked the folder SOURCE and WIDGETS I don't know where to put them or the content within them

Looking forward to your reaction
Best regards, Arnd
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 pm
Hi,

Rest files is a package with the template source PSD files (sometimes it may also contain other necessary files like widgets). If you installed quickstart package, there's no need to install widgets/plugins from rest files package, because they are included.

If you install only theme files, you should install plugins from rest files package (install it like normal WordPress plugins).

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 pm
Thanks Piotr,
I had read this already in the knowledge base.
Opening the PSD file, I find I'm not a PhotoShop expert. I use GIMP and that works fine, but I see a big image with a grid, which I do not know how to use.
Can I import the PSD file with some plugin in the template? Or should I export each little image separately and store it somewhere?
How do you import that source into the template/website?

Sorry if this maybe a stupid question for you.
I trust you will help.
Best, Arnold.

Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,

Rest files is a package with the template source PSD files (sometimes it may also contain other necessary files like widgets). If you installed quickstart package, there's no need to install widgets/plugins from rest files package, because they are included.

If you install only theme files, you should install plugins from rest files package (install it like normal WordPress plugins).
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:48 pm
First of all tell me, what's your purpose, what do you want to achieve?

You can't import the PSD file into the template, this file is necessary if you e.g. want to change background (separately), etc. Other elements like texts, images and even graphic elements are generated dynamically by WordPress or CSS code. Tell me what do you want to change exactly and I'll try to help.